Nokia Wireless Charger---->Love

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got an orange Lumia 930 and decided to spring for a Nokia DT-903 Wireless Charger in the matching orange colour.

I just wanted to shout out to anyone having a look at chargers that it's a great bit of tech and works very nicely.

It's nice and big, and shaped similarly to a phone...and not the least bit finicky about positioning which was something that seemed to be an issue with smaller/cheaper/round chargers. It's super bright orange when charging...looks like i've dropped hot coals on the bookcase : ) (the green must be equally freaky). And of course it can be set up to pulse when you receive a notification while charging, or even if you walk in the room and it detects that your battery is low.

The only negative, and it's a small one, is that it took me 20 minutes to get it all set up and working right for the notifications and whatnot. But a big part of that is just me...I've never really had any use to much around with NFC and Bluetooth...and didn't realize you used an app on the phone to dial in the settings. Once I read the instructions it was full steam ahead.

I only mention it here because it's a 930 I bought it for, and in fact the DT-903 seems to be the matching charger for this model.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to wireless charging... I love it too.

I'm partial to stands. The DT-910 is anther fine item.

Glad you are enjoying the advance tech. I am a bit jelly about the pulsing idea, but I really need my upright positioning.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got an orange Lumia 930 and decided to spring for a Nokia DT-903 Wireless Charger in the matching orange colour.

I just wanted to shout out to anyone having a look at chargers that it's a great bit of tech and works very nicely.

It's nice and big, and shaped similarly to a phone...and not the least bit finicky about positioning which was something that seemed to be an issue with smaller/cheaper/round chargers. It's super bright orange when charging...looks like i've dropped hot coals on the bookcase : ) (the green must be equally freaky). And of course it can be set up to pulse when you receive a notification while charging, or even if you walk in the room and it detects that your battery is low.

The only negative, and it's a small one, is that it took me 20 minutes to get it all set up and working right for the notifications and whatnot. But a big part of that is just me...I've never really had any use to much around with NFC and Bluetooth...and didn't realize you used an app on the phone to dial in the settings. Once I read the instructions it was full steam ahead.

I only mention it here because it's a 930 I bought it for, and in fact the DT-903 seems to be the matching charger for this model.

Have exactly the same setup (orange Lumia 930, orange DT-903) - it's just.... beautiful! :)

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have 3rd party charger and I hate it, impossible to use. :) Phone becomes too hot and it's not good for battery. I'd really love to try the official charger.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Another welcome to the wireless charging world. I have the DT-903 as well and use it regularly. Really nice.

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The big negative point of this DT-903 is that you can't pair another smartphone using NFC without reset it with the button on the back.
For example I would like to pair the charger with my phone when I place on it and when finished if another person wants to pair it and use charger, the pairing will not work!
To pair with another phone you have to reset it with the back button BUT the settings for the first phone will be cleared.... Not an handy use and in this case the NFC function is useless....

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
By pair, you mean have the extra functions work with the 2nd handset? That would be convenient but you may be asking a bit much for a $59 mobile phone charger given the current Qi/Bluetooth/NFC standards. Maybe next generation?

You can charge Qi enable phones 'til the cows come home with this thing AND it does some pretty cool extras with the one main paired phone AND you can drop your phone on this sucker 1/3 hanging off and crooked and still make a good connection.
Add the unholy orange glow of the thing and you've got a good, if not great product.

Besides, the "kind of" rule is "for each phone, a charger of it's own." You buy a phone, there's a cord and adapter in the box. And by all rights we should all be using only an OEM provided adapter for charging to ensure amperages and whatnot are what they should be. I know this doesn't apply as we're all dealing with the Qi standard, but I would expect, from the perspectives of design, manufacturing, and the end user, it's still the norm that each "charging unit" is intended for a specific device on the consumer's end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism