I have a Nokia Lumia 930 on the fast track windows insider program, I recently got an update (about a week ago) via the insider program but this seems to have not actually changed anything. The update process finished without error and did all the normal stuff (migrating data etc). After trying to update again my phone tells me i'm up to date. I'm based in the UK, phone is unlocked. Has anyone else had a similar issue or know what to do? I'm concerned that if I cannot get update 2 properly I will not be able to get windows 10 either. This isn't a winge I know its preview software, thanks in advance!
    04-19-2015 01:32 PM
    No this isn't true. Only certain devices get the update! For example I had the German CV Version on my Lumia 930 and had to flash a swiss ROM to pull the update through Windows Insider (Fast Track).

I did this just a few hours ago, so I can guarantee you that this is still working!
    I believe it was pulled, it wasn't supposed to be released. Not sure though.
    04-19-2015 01:38 PM
    No this isn't true. Only certain devices get the update! For example I had the German CV Version on my Lumia 930 and had to flash a swiss ROM to pull the update through Windows Insider (Fast Track).

I did this just a few hours ago, so I can guarantee you that this is still working!
    Last edited by b0nz1; 04-20-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    04-20-2015 09:05 AM

I also see the update for my 930 but since you've had it installed for a week, Im just wondering if you are experiencing any problems or if it's actually stable, as Id like to update but worried about stability.
    04-27-2015 09:35 AM
    I also see the update for my 930 but since you've had it installed for a week, Im just wondering if you are experiencing any problems or if it's actually stable, as Id like to update but worried about stability.
    I've got it since almost three weeks, and I haven't experienced any issues. This build is ultra stable. It's almost the same (no reset protection feature) as the one pre-loaded on 640 and 640XL.
    abduz, b0nz1 and Tonio78 like this.
    04-27-2015 09:45 AM
    I've got it since almost three weeks, and I haven't experienced any issues. This build is ultra stable. It's almost the same (no reset protection feature) as the one pre-loaded on 640 and 640XL.
    Alright cool thanks for letting me know 😊
    Martsicky likes this.
    04-27-2015 10:49 AM
    Here's a bit of why you can or can not get GDR2 for your 930:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win..._r1-vs-r2.html

Apparently with the Windows Insider App for our Windows Phones has two branches.

WPB_CXE_R1
    WPB_CXE_R2

You can determine which branch you are a part of by opening the app and checking the "About" section.

Why does it matter?

Well as it was explained to me before, those who are in the R2 Branch can get the GDR2 update regardless of the phone model they are using..... Those who are on the R1 Branch can not......

.....Anyways, my main questions are these:

#1 - What Determines if you are in the R1 or R2 branch for the Windows Insider App?

#2 - Does anybody know how to get the app to download or install or to switch to the R2 Branch?......
    Never did get a solution for this, but this does explain why you can't get it.

Chances are, you are in the R1 Branch like me.

And yes, I too have an unlocked phone.... In Australia though.
    ristk likes this.
    04-30-2015 07:44 AM
    Just want to thank you again for your feedback. I installed it and it is indeed ultra stable.

Aside from the minor updates, it's definitely snappier and more fine-tuned than denim, the transition animations are also better implemented as well.

Thanks again!
    04-30-2015 07:57 AM
    Just want to thank you again for your feedback. I installed it and it is indeed ultra stable.

Aside from the minor updates, it's definitely snappier and more fine-tuned than denim, the transition animations are also better implemented as well.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome! We are here to help each other. :-)
    04-30-2015 09:51 AM