Is the aluminum chassis replaceable at a care point?

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone suffered a massive fall the other day, skewing the aluminum frame a bit and putting some tension on the back cover and screen (no screen damage thankfully)

I haven't been to a care point to check, so anyone knows if this part is replaceable?

If not I'll have to stick with it for the rest of my time with the phone :(

Last edited:

sihaz

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
i've done the same - the plastic back on mine won't fit flush any more :-( if you find anywhere that can fix it can you post here please as I can only find places that'll replace the whole screen which seems crazy for this fix...

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It's possible to take the lcd/screen assembly off the frame, take all the guts out (camera, board, etc), then replace just the midframe.

It's semi-delicate work, but I've done it. I think you can buy the frame for <$50, but I have no idea if you can get a shop to do it or not. There is a risk of damaging the lcd/touchscreen when you take it off the frame, so they may not want to do it. It's faster, and easier, and less risky to replace the whole unit, but much more expensive.

If someone does want to do the whole assembly, make sure you get yours back. I may buy the old assembly with the damaged frame from you to help you offset your costs. That, or they should give you a credit for it, because it has value.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions about it.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have seen Nokia care easily taking out the back panel. Don't know about the aluminium frame. Sometimes I think of replacing my back panel and Aluminium frame with black

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3