Many L930s seem to have a manufacturing defect related to sensor/screen

mmTL

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
hmmm, the above fix is actually working for me, can you explain how you came up with this and why it might work?

Thanks for posting, it's fixed my issue, for now at least.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
It's no real fix, you might as well go ahead and swipe your phone against your pants leg a couple of times. It's all about putting some pressure on the screen and adhesive catching the screen.

klaw81

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My fix is only a temporary fix as it re-occurs after a while.
The fault is with the screen and it is either:
1) Bad connection and as mmTL said adhesive getting in way
2) Aforementioned + actual faulty display ** My display I do notice bad intermittent flicker on bottom half of screen **
3) I think once screen is fixed and re-attached correctly, then the proximity sensor will work correctly.

I will be sending my 930 of to Nokia Care shop soon, just have to compose an email explaing my issue and send my IMEI number to ensure I get it repaired. I did try sending my Lumia 930 back to Microsoft UKs repair team AVONO (something like that) but because my 930 was unlocked and bought online from a company who's registered company address is Hong Kong - Micorosft would not repair because the stated "WE DO NOT DO INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY". ** Yes, that my friend is still angering me **

josti1975

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Problem lies with the screen in the upper right corner. Mine had the same problem, also when calling, the screen did not turn off . The screen is too loose in that corner, causing light to come in the wrong place for the sensor.
Solution in my case was very carefully putting some glue in the corner, fixing the screen to the metal casing there. This stops the screen lift and therefore all other problems.
In short...try to fix the screen in the upper right corner......

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
My fix is only a temporary fix as it re-occurs after a while.
The fault is with the screen and it is either:
1) Bad connection and as mmTL said adhesive getting in way
2) Aforementioned + actual faulty display ** My display I do notice bad intermittent flicker on bottom half of screen **
3) I think once screen is fixed and re-attached correctly, then the proximity sensor will work correctly.

I will be sending my 930 of to Nokia Care shop soon, just have to compose an email explaing my issue and send my IMEI number to ensure I get it repaired. I did try sending my Lumia 930 back to Microsoft UKs repair team AVONO (something like that) but because my 930 was unlocked and bought online from a company who's registered company address is Hong Kong - Micorosft would not repair because the stated "WE DO NOT DO INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY". ** Yes, that my friend is still angering me **

Good luck because if your 930 is also from HK then it has no valid warranty in UK or EU. That's the first thing any Nokia Care Center does here before even accepting device for repairs, checking IMEI if it's valid EU model.

klaw81

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Currently awaiting the return of my 930 from Microsofts Hong Kong repair centre. I sent my 930 back to the online reseller (Hong Kong based) for repair and explained symptoms at length. They have said it is now repaired. Has been 'shockingly' over 30 days since I sent it, am I annoyed? yes; however it has given me a bit of 1 on 1 time with iPhone, which in my opinion is overated...very good hardware, but software-wise, bland!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes