Raw vs Jpeg

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
There is a app called Rawer its okay, it costs to edit but it does not seem to out port the full thing, let me just give it a test again and check the sizing ect :)

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean smaller ? I just want to get the best images out of my phone as its one of the reasons I bought it. It doesn't save the pic at its full quality?

RAW picture is always taken in full resolution and it is the best you can get it from any camera. But depending on the app you use, it may resize the jpg while storing after editing. If am not wrong, you cant upload a RAW picture as it is, it must be converted to compatible format. For best result, transfer the RAW picture to PC and edit using professional tools like PS or PS lightroom and save it in original resolution jpg file.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
RAW picture is always taken in full resolution and it is the best you can get it from any camera. But depending on the app you use, it may resize the jpg while storing after editing. If am not wrong, you cant upload a RAW picture as it is, it must be converted to compatible format. For best result, transfer the RAW picture to PC and edit using professional tools like PS or PS lightroom and save it in original resolution jpg file.
Thanks !!

Putu Oka

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i'm new in windows phone. How i can get my raw image using lumia camera ? could some one tell me detaily ? i just know resolution setting in lumia camera 5mp + 19 mo dng file.

btw your raw image too noisy but more sharpen than jpg image

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i'm new in windows phone. How i can get my raw image using lumia camera ? could some one tell me detaily ? i just know resolution setting in lumia camera 5mp + 19 mo dng file.

btw your raw image too noisy but more sharpen than jpg image

I couldnt understand your question completely. But from what i could understand is you are looking to locate your RAW file. In the resolution settings you mentioned a file dng which is the RAW format from Lumia devices. There is nothing like noisy or sharpen. RAW files in general are unprocessed original files wherein the jpg files are processed based on the built in algorithm in the software you use

Putu Oka

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I couldnt understand your question completely. But from what i could understand is you are looking to locate your RAW file. In the resolution settings you mentioned a file dng which is the RAW format from Lumia devices. There is nothing like noisy or sharpen. RAW files in general are unprocessed original files wherein the jpg files are processed based on the built in algorithm in the software you use

hmm.. sorry i mean from where you get your raw image and upload it to imgur ? what ext is raw image in windows phone?
i'm not sure you upload *.dng to imgur
----
btw for sure it's little bit noisy looking from here

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
hmm.. sorry i mean from where you get your raw image and upload it to imgur ? what ext is raw image in windows phone?
i'm not sure you upload *.dng to imgur
----
btw for sure it's little bit noisy looking from here

You cant view,edit or upload any RAW pictures (,DNG) from the mobile. That is why the camera always captures a jpg picture along which is available for mobile editing and uploading. RAW picture only for PC use

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3