Purchase the 930 or wait for a new flagship?

RoieK

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
hello everyone
I have and option to buy the lumia 930 at a good price in Israel (577$)
or should I buy now the 640 (?169.99 from Microsoft uk) - wanted to 640xl but OUT OF STOCK / PRE-ORDER
and wait for the nexr Flagship with windows 10

also do you really use the wireless charger option ?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait. But, be aware that it might be October or November before a flagship comes out.

I also love wireless charging, and won't buy a phone without it.

The 640 and 640xl are available in the UK, with some good prices. I think they are in stock.

RoieK

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I have no problem for waiting but I also switch a smartphone like one In 3 years (I have a iPhone 4s)
in Israel the phones are not connected to the contract any more (like in the us and maybe in the uk?)

so I think I will learn the WP with the 640 (where can I found the XL on stock?)
and when the new flagship will be announced and will be available in Israel ( will take some time since Microsoft in not in charge of the marketing here and the WP not so popular)
will buy it

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Buy the 930!

It's been out for a while - so you can know it's strengths and weaknesses. So far for me - it has been stellar. No issues.
The 930 has the hardware to run W10.

You are waiting for a phone that might be delayed, and then comes the user issues. And by the time it rolls out, something new will be announced.

Enjoy the 930 - make up your mind later.

Time is your friend.

Mr. V

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest buying the 640XL instead. The 930 is a great device with a great camera and build quality but a meager battery. And it's a flagship device. The 640XL is cheap and a real good bang-for-buck phone and since you plan on the keeping your phones for 3 years investing now on a 930 does not look viable especially considering it to be more than a year old already. If camera is your main requirement then 930 it is, if not then the 640XL

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely wait for the flagship, the 930 has been out in the market for a while now, and when the flagship comes out later this year, you'll really regret not waiting just a little bit longer. Also the new flagships will have all the capabilities for Windows 10 for Phones (At least the Lumia ones), so you can take advantage of those. I myself have been waiting for more than 2 years (will be 3 in November) and can wait a few more months.

As to your second question, I have an HTC 8X with wireless charging and I really like using that capability, it's so much easier to just set it on top of the plate when I'm about to go to sleep and my room is dark, I don't have to look for where to plug in my charger. It's also very convenient for when you get home and just want to set it down on something and let it charge.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
577$ for a 930? Wow and I thought mine was a bit over priced. I just bought mine two weeks ago for 525$ It's the gold and black edition. I only had it for 3 days but I LOVE IT so far, battery life for me is debatable. And it seems to run hot if you use it for a couple of minutes.

Of course since the 930 never existed in North America it came with the European AC adapter.... luckily I have the Lumia 635's AC adapter to use it with.

RoieK

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
thanks everyone for there opinion
I will wait for the new Lumia to come out (let the iPhone work till the death)
one Q for the US guys here
if I will buy a sim-free version (the sell will probably start at the US) how do I know it will work in Europe?

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for the 930, the 640 only has a 1.2 Quad 400 and 1 GB ram, current flagship and in my opinion the best phone out there is the 930, regardless of windows 10, it makes my Iphone 6 before this feel tedious, battery life is as good as if not better than my Iphone 6, the screen is amazing, especially outside in bright sunlight, love the solid build, was always worried kneeling down with the Iphone 6 in my pocket, thought it would snap. performance and 32GB are more than enough for anything, well for me anyway, cant imagine what more another flagship could bring, this 930 is far faster than i can cope with LOL...plus they can be picked up pretty cheap now, for the price of my boring Iphone 6 i manged to get a nokia 930 (again) and a nexus tablet, and a few beers

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
hello everyone
I have and option to buy the lumia 930 at a good price in Israel (577$)
or should I buy now the 640 (?169.99 from Microsoft uk) - wanted to 640xl but OUT OF STOCK / PRE-ORDER
and wait for the nexr Flagship with windows 10

also do you really use the wireless charger option ?
Obviously wait for flagship.. 930 isn't a good flagship..

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's not like its a bad flagship. I moved from the 1520 to a 930 just because of the phantom tap issue and this phone has been really good. No problems what so ever, I wish the screen was bigger, but its not like its slow by any means. As long as you like the screen size of the 930 id so go for it. But you can always wait too if you want the newer ones coming out too!

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'd say wait... Maybe 4 or 5 months more. I'm thinking by late August we should know all about the new flagship Windows phone even if we can't buy till Oct..

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For that price? Wait. If it was closer to $360, the price you can easily find a brand new 930 in the States, I'd say go for it, since you'd end up having to pay close to double for whatever new flagship eventually comes along.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720