Lumia 930 100% to 2% in 6 hours?

ienfik

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Good morning

Yesterday when I went to bed I disconnected my Lumia from with 100 % battery level and connected to WiFi with battery saver switched to always on

Today I'm late to work because my Lumia is dead with 2% battery level

I checked what is working in background but there is nothing wrong

How you got idea what happened

Thank you for advice & have a good day

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
That is not normal at all. Sheesh some people on this forum are strange. I found battery life slightly improved and drainage overnight around 0.5% per hour. There maybe some rogue programme running in the background. Try a reset, try measuring it in flight mode, then a hard reset and failing that get it looked at. No phone should drain in 6 hours on idle despite what the helpful previous poster says!

ienfik

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Mark863
Lumia has Denim update

Paul1266
Thank you for some suggestions
Lumia is fresh, after reset to factory settings
It's strange but it's look like there is problem with battery saver I'll check it tonight
If will be the same I'll check mobile on flight mode

I'll let you know about results

Thank you

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Why would you turn on battery saver (to always on!!) when you have 100% battery? If you are doing that every night (or very often) your battery is dying now

ienfik

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Good morning

AV2RY - Would you like explain why battery will be dying if I use battery saver ? Without battery saver my phone disconnected at 6 am at 1.30 pm has 15 % battery Battery saver give me additional life time

But ...

Paul 1266 - I tested time life with battery saver off and its strange
Phone use only 8% during whole night
But before I had very high battery use by Tweetium and Flipboard

Maybe sometime there is any conflict between battery saver and apps and in results apps use abnormal power

I'll write if will be there any changes

Cheers

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Are you on Lumia Denim update? If you are on Denim this is normal, because with this update the battery drains faster.

This is plain wrong of you to say that Denim drains the battery faster than before.

May I ask how you came up with that? Did you perform a scientific study on large number of 930s and found this out?

Stop making statement-like assertion based on your own personal experience as it can be misleading to other people!

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Good morning

Yesterday when I went to bed I disconnected my Lumia from with 100 % battery level and connected to WiFi with battery saver switched to always on

Today I'm late to work because my Lumia is dead with 2% battery level

I checked what is working in background but there is nothing wrong

How you got idea what happened

Thank you for advice & have a good day

Try to remove your email accounts from your phone, restart the phone, add them back and set them to check for new mail every 30 minutes or less often.

Maybe the email app got stuck on continuously checking for new mail.

ienfik

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Good morning!

I have some news It's crazy but I just stopped use battery saver and I charge phone only when battery is lower than 20% and ...

Lumia use 2% battery during whole night and I have impression Lumia has longer battery life

Thank you for suggestions
Have a good weekend :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb