Is 32GB internal memory of a Lumia 930 enough? And there are other things ...

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I think about buying a Lumia 930 but wondered whether the internal memory is enough for OS, apps (around 7GB), some music (4GB or less) and pictures taken with the 20MP camera; do I have to copy very often the pictures to save them elsewhere? (right now I use a 5MP camera and have no idea how big a picture would be compared to an old one.)

And does the phone still suffer from problems like heat and a flickering display at E or G mobile networks or a strange colour haze?
Thank you!

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I think about buying a Lumia 930 but wondered whether the internal memory is enough for OS, apps, some music and pictures taken with the 20MP camera; do I have to copy very often the pictures to save them elsewhere? (right now I use a 5MP camera and have no idea how big a picture would be compared to an old one.)

And does the phone still suffer from problems like heat and a flickering display at E or G mobile networks or a strange colour haze?
Thank you!

L1520 also available in market...it has 6" screen...with same specs including the memory card

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My L930 does not have any problem and regarding memory, it depends, if you are a heavy smartphone photographer then it will consume most of ur space but u still have options to sync and delete so that they are on Cloud(OneDrive)...thats wat i do...

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I would tell you that it is enough. You can set automatic upload to OneDrive. Pics are about 1mb and 4mb in option jpg 5+16 mpx and 1mb and about 20mb in option 5mpx+16mpx dng

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think about buying a Lumia 930 but wondered whether the internal memory is enough for OS, apps (around 7GB), some music (4GB or less) and pictures taken with the 20MP camera; do I have to copy very often the pictures to save them elsewhere? (right now I use a 5MP camera and have no idea how big a picture would be compared to an old one.)

Thank you!
32gb is enough if your a medium user.. If u keep a lot of stuff on your phone like pictures,music,videos then not.. Wait for new MS flagship phone if you can.. Also heard a lot of problems with 930 like very bad battery life.. You can also for 1520 of size does not matter to you.. Gives you glance, better display colour,SD card slot,etc..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Picture size depends on the camera setting and can be around 1.5Mb, 5Mb or if you take RAW 20 Mb. But if you use the standard size they will be around 1.5 Mb. So you can take a lot of pictures before you use 1GB of storage.
So check how much storage you use now for system, apps and music because that will be about the same on the 930. And check how many pictures you have now and calculate how much space you will need.
So as long as you do not make 4K video's you should have enough space.

Black icon

May 15, 2015
Visit site
i just got mine yesterday, and so far so great.
i can see many are telling u to go for 1520, and could say the same but it all depend of how your are going to use the mobile?
to be frank, i would say 1520 is for power users and people who get time to cherish that monster(much love).
on the other hand, the 930 is more classy and straight forward type of phone. and nowadays with all those free GB cloud services available, i really doubt u are going to run out storage (some cloud free services links below)

my previous phone was 1520, now using 930. so feel free to ask any questions regarding those two phones.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again! I have decided to give the L930 a try and I am quite happy with it 😊 . Although a L1520 could be even better for me to use the touch keyboard 😆 .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa