Don't Install Windows 10 TP Build 10080 on L930

Diwagar

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Have installed the TP build once it is available and now reverted back to 8.1 GDR2.

Download was smooth and installation took about an hour or even more. After installation phone went on in a indefinite loop. I had to hard reset to get it back alive. Once it come back, the interface wasn't smooth as expected. But the main worry was people app was crashing continuously. Without using contact what is the point in havin a phone? I would suggest all of you to wait for the next build to try out Windows 10.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree wish if read your post earlier this morning, how do I roll back, please tell me I can can otherwise, I'm binning the phone it's that bad

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since the launch of the new build, one thing is very obvious... Not everyone is having the same experiences, so while it may not work for you, it might be working flawlessly for others :) Instead of telling others what not to do, just tell them the problems you faced :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The tool will bring you back to 8.1, if you had the backup option set to on then don't worry otherwise this can be considered as a clean install :p "As smooth as a baby's ****" -- Dean Winchester

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not, GDR2 is not an official release.
The only way to get it is to start the insider app again. Hope that you first get GRD2. Then disable phone updates and or do a hard reset.
For some people they go direct to w10 and for some they first get GDR2.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I got the Update 2, uninstalled Insider but have the WP10 announced for download. Is there a way to get rid of this announcement?
par Tapatalk sur mon fabuleux Lumia 930

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the Update 2, uninstalled Insider but have the WP10 announced for download. Is there a way to get rid of this announcement?
par Tapatalk sur mon fabuleux Lumia 930

No it seams that you can not block these notifications. This is probably done to prevent that people "forget" to update. But as long as you do not download it there is problem. But if you want for example to install a new keyboard or something like that you are in trouble because then the W10 also will be downloaded (and installed).
So a hard reset is the best thing you can do.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No with a hard reset you keep GDR 2 and you will not get W10 updates (notifications) anymore as long as you not install and use the insider app.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that.

Everything I have read about W10 on the 930 is a disaster....

I hope they can actually make it work...

Mr. V

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I hard reset my 930, kept GDR2 and no more WP10. Lost some data from apps but could restore the main part manually. I didn't know that, on WP, not all apps save their data in a backup 😌

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs