Why is my Lumia 930 overheating ridiculously?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why is my lumia 930 overheating ridiculously

i have had my lumia for about 6-7 months and recently it has been overheating even when it is not being used and it cause the battery to drain extremely quick, for example it went from 50% to 10% in about 15 minutes while it was lying on my desk

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my lumia 930 overheating ridiculously

Things to check:

- any recently installed apps? Remove them one by one and check the condition of the phone (do a soft reset after every uninstall)
- battery saver can give you a good idea as to which apps are draining the battery lol
- finally, if the soft resets didn't help, you should consider a hard reset. you can restore a backup during the setup process, but choose one that predates the problem you have..

if after all of that the phone still heats up, we can assume that it could be hardware and not software

mmkawa

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
Does your phone vibrate continuously till the ringtone ends? mine just vibrates only once(for 2-3 secs) at the start of the ringtone on lumia 925.
Tired of seeking answers from everywhere, you seem to own 925 right?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
Does your phone vibrate continuously till the ringtone ends? mine just vibrates only once(for 2-3 secs) at the start of the ringtone on lumia 925.
Tired of seeking answers from everywhere, you seem to own 925 right?

Try settings > notifications+actions > phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo