Finding a Lumia 930 in the US

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've looked for the 930 on the ATT site and the MS store site, neither shows it as available. Was the 930 offered in the US?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No it was not sold in the US, (the Lumia Icon for Verizon was the CDMA US version of the 930) however, you can buy it secondhand/imported from places like people on Amazon, eBay etc.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, keep an eye out at expansys. I saw they had the black model marked down for 1 day last week for $300. I opted to replace my 920 with another 920 after reading through defect thread of the 930.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one from Amazon for about $340 (less warranty)

Hopefully it gets here and works... Got my 1520 back from the shop the other day (trying to get shattered screen fixed for the um-teenth time) and the "new" display is having the same issues as the others they have installed, where the touch screen stops responding to touches and there is light leaking from the edges... This back and forth with the shop has been going on since February and I hope they are going to just give up and refund my money. Anyhow, have an anime convention coming up, where I take a lot of sporadic pictures and I ordered the 930 today, since it looks like I won't have my 1520 fixed in time. The 920 I've been using while the 1520 has been in the shop is just too slow to use for taking the pictures at the convention.

I guess I should add, I did some research and I'm aware that I'll only be looking at 3g on ATT 😌, but some users have noted that it won't be too noticeable browsing pages. I just need it to hold me over till the fall for a new win 10 phone.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
A little update on my 930... With the way things have been going for me, I canceled the order from Amazon because it was sold by a 3rd party through Amazon, and several reviewers complained that the phones arrived with all the steals broken and finger prints on the phones.

I went ahead and paid a little more to get it from Newegg (and not a 3rd party seller).

Hope I didn't make a mistake... I just need to make sure I have a working phone with a nice camera by mid next week.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
A little update on my 930... With the way things have been going for me, I canceled the order from Amazon because it was sold by a 3rd party through Amazon, and several reviewers complained that the phones arrived with all the steals broken and finger prints on the phones.

I went ahead and paid a little more to get it from Newegg (and not a 3rd party seller).

Hope I didn't make a mistake... I just need to make sure I have a working phone with a nice camera by mid next week.
It's always worth paying attention to reviews. Knowledge is power. Sounds like you made a smart,informed decision. Hope you enjoy your phone when it arrives. I am very happy with mine.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought one from expansys in January, worked fine with AT&T except no LTE of course. Just HSPA/HSPA+. The downside to going this route is you have no insurance, and five months in my 930 developed a screen burn starting from the camera button area and slowly spreading throughout the phone screen (if you search you'll see this has happened to several people). Luckily expansys offers to make a foreign warranty claim for you up to 6 months after you buy the phone since nobody locally in the US will help you, including MS stores. Mine is still being processed and hopefully MS repairs it, but at least expansys gives me a chance.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Crossing my fingers it doesn't develop that problem. I just need it to hold me over till a new Win10 phone is available.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So far the 930 seems to be working OK. HSPA+ isn't all that bad... except for in my house -_- only 1 bar...

from outside...
wp_ss_20150530_0001.jpg

jerkwad_robot

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Ordered mine from clove. Only took 4 business days to get here from the UK. I use clove as I've had really good experiences with them in the past. Thus far, my ATT connectivity has been good.I find the HSPA+ connection to be more than sufficient... all those suckers buying sammys' are going to hog the LTE :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99