After a few days 10080 on my 930

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
After the update I really wanted to go back to 8.1. Instead I left W10 on it to test and trial - also because I did not want to backup and restore all my data.

My impressions:
- Its faster already. Wifi connects faster.
- No more flickering of the screen.
- No more pinkish grey tones.
- Outlook Mail is a better app than the old email. I like having all accounts in one app, but I do not like that I can not create a tile per mail account.
- Outlook Calendar is a lot better too (although this and Mail miss a "dark" option).
- Bing lock screen wallpaper is working again (It never did update on 8.1 for me).
- The keyboard is better.

Issues:
- Very inconsistent screen UX (mostly old 8.1 style, some parts new 10 style, some parts a mix).
- Main screen sometimes does not appear, need to hit the Win key again.
- On my 930 after updating I had monster live tiles. I had to activate the option to show more tiles.
- Some apps have very blurry tile content.
- Battery drain a higher than normal.
- Camera (MS camera app) takes very long to start. No more options to set the default camera app.
- No more options to set when pictures are uploaded to OneDrive (in 8.1 you could set to upload only via Wifi, etc.).

After a few days getting used to, I'm now OK with this as a daily driver. I decided not to revert back, but instead wait for the next build which hopefully should not take long.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For me, I tried build 10052 and I decided the same, one week as daily driver.
What I really like about that build is the start screen and the keyboard!

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
After the update I really wanted to go back to 8.1. Instead I left W10 on it to test and trial - also because I did not want to backup and restore all my data.

My impressions:
- Its faster already. Wifi connects faster.
- No more flickering of the screen.
- No more pinkish grey tones.
- Outlook Mail is a better app than the old email. I like having all accounts in one app, but I do not like that I can not create a tile per mail account.
- Outlook Calendar is a lot better too (although this and Mail miss a "dark" option).
- Bing lock screen wallpaper is working again (It never did update on 8.1 for me).
- The keyboard is better.

Issues:
- Very inconsistent screen UX (mostly old 8.1 style, some parts new 10 style, some parts a mix).
- Main screen sometimes does not appear, need to hit the Win key again.
- On my 930 after updating I had monster live tiles. I had to activate the option to show more tiles.
- Some apps have very blurry tile content.
- Battery drain a higher than normal.
- Camera (MS camera app) takes very long to start. No more options to set the default camera app.
- No more options to set when pictures are uploaded to OneDrive (in 8.1 you could set to upload only via Wifi, etc.).

After a few days getting used to, I'm now OK with this as a daily driver. I decided not to revert back, but instead wait for the next build which hopefully should not take long.

Glad someone likes WP10 on their 930. It seems that most of them really hate it or find it unusable.

Please report back in this thread with more feedback. I would love to hear real opinions on using WP 10 on the 930.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
One more issue I noticed: Charging takes longer than with 8.1. Also the normal charger I used, is recognized by Win10 as a "slow charger" whereas with 8.1 it worked without this message.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I did feel bad after the initial update - this is definitely something that MS needs to look into. My instant urge was "urggh, let me restore to 8.1 asap". But then after a while things settled in. For us "techie-testers" this is OK, for the moms and pops it's not.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Exacly the same for me as OP described. I like it tho, but i'm having touch screen issues, really hoping it's software related, but i think it isn't. Rolling back this evening and see what happens. But the build is quite good. Only onedrive won't work at all if i open the app, but in the gallery it works...

dennij

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the rather large tiles which take the screen over a bit. I have lost the ability for the calendar to update and cannot setup my gmail account currently. I have found that when ending a call the phone decides to reboot but other than that, everything else seems to be ok.

If anyone can tell me how to reduce the size of the tiles without having to use the minimize function, that would be good

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
@dennij: You need to set the option in display settings to show more tiles. The default is way to huge for the HD display.

I noticed that boot time (already) is noticeable shorter than with 8.1.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
For me, I tried build 10052 and I decided the same, one week as daily driver.
What I really like about that build is the start screen and the keyboard!

Wow, that's huge as well as good to hear Fahmi. One week and its a daily driver. Hmmm. I need to talk with some folk with a 1520 to see how they are making out.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the build and i find it stable enough to use on my 930. My phone boots up just fine. Noticeably way shorter than 8.1, however i find that it takes longer to charge the phone.
My phone does not restart on its own at all. Maybe once or twice in the first 2 days but not anymore.
Mostly all apps.are usable.with some areas not working properly such as the people app. Instant app crash upon opening.
But others ate usable and i can text and make calls as well as receive them just fine. My phone doesn't overheat using it normally as well and i do not have phantom screen touch issues.
I would recommend you guys to check out this build as it seems that the longer you use it, the less buggy and stabilized it gets. Especially after a hard reset. This helps alot.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
For the love of the language packs I didn't hard reset :D I installed 8.1 with all the things I needed then quickly updated to 10 and left it like that.
Most of the things work but there are some issues now and there, like missing start screen (must press windows button) or store beta taking some time to load.
The most annoying thing is the Outlook mail app not notifying me on new mails.
I do not like the fact that Messenger from FB keeps notifying me for each line that is written while I am in the app. The irony is that for most of the applications, the notification when the screen is locked is only once; so if you get 10 lines of Skype or whatsapp you will only be notified once until you dismiss the notification.
What amazes me is that in standby idle the phone doesn't discharge so quickly. I mean I charged it yesterday at 4PM and when I went to work this morning it had 44% left.
What I love is the music preview app, oh god! it finally works smooth! (even though the shuffle is broken a little bit).
Oh and Tweetium app on 930 is a HD beauty, small text, smooth scroll, a lot of info on the screen. Not like before where you could see 5 tweets instead of 8 like now.
There are a lot of issues that maybe most people can't deal with them, but is usable as a daily driver.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It cant open PDF files from emails and that killed it for me. Reverted to 8.1. PDFs are my daily driver thing, they are what SMS were to teens in 2005. Otherwise, all other issues though present didn't annoy me as much. Missed dark theme terribly. I hope it gets fine tuned in next couple of months.

But UX inconsistency will really ruin WP for many veterans for sure. They cant address it at all at this rate.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It cant open PDF files from emails and that killed it for me. Reverted to 8.1. PDFs are my daily driver thing, they are what SMS were to teens in 2005. Otherwise, all other issues though present didn't annoy me as much. Missed dark theme terribly. I hope it gets fine tuned in next couple of months.

But UX inconsistency will really ruin WP for many veterans for sure. They cant address it at all at this rate.
My fix for PDF was installing Adobe Reader and with File explorer I moved all pdfs to one drive.
Adobe can open PDFs from one drive.
Funny thing is at the moment onedrive is broken, but I am sure Gabe will fix it today :D

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
11262324_714110605377802_8107967329226621920_n.jpg

I`m glad i`m not the only one enjoying this preview on my L930. Maybe it`s strange but I have a feeling that it keeps getting better and better With each day

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The most important reason I rolled back to 8.1 is I can't install or update Viber, after I tried to update it says error after. And I can't also uninstall and reinstall viber, can't even delete it, that's why I rolled back to 8.1

CheckeredMichael

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
When I installed it on my 930, I had the dreaded "Loading..." screen and it would not go away. I did a soft reset, turned the phone off and on again a couple of times and even waited for over an hour to see if it would fix itself and it didn't. I was ready to do a restore, but decided against this and instead, I did a hard reset.

I managed to get through all the steps and had it set up within minutes, I didn't restore from backup, I did it nice and fresh to avoid any start screen issues.

I'm using it on my daily driver phone as although I do use my phone daily, it isn't an issue if I find I can't ring or text someone as I can just use another phone.

I'm falling in love with the way things are working, but have found a few issues such as the start screen background, I set this to full and sometimes it cuts to half the screen. If I go back to settings and switch it over to tiled then back to full, this fixes the issue.

Another issue I found is that trying to text someone from inside the notifications area won't let me send the text, it just hides away.

Some images on the start screen have a horrible resolution and hopefully this gets fixed.

I can't install my language pack, it gets stuck on cued. :(

Some apps on the app list don't have names. :eek:

Facebook doesn't show my background image, the tile is just blank, but it does show my notification count.

6Tag doesn't have a notification count which is a tad annoying.

I knew that bugs were bound to happen and I am happy I've taken the risk, I also enjoy reporting all the issues I have. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte