Picture of the moon taken with lumia 930

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Good job on the lens attachment!
Looks like it has been field tested successfully :grin:

Thank you, it was very successful, even better on humans, Could not be more happier with it :D buying some more lenses soon, then make video of how to get the most out of your Lumia camera

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, not exactly. Here's a shot taken with the L1020 without a lens attachment using ProShot (back then, ProShot was taking photos that were less sharp or softer than those from Lumia Camera and the L1020 was in Cyan):

Moon.PNG

Not as sharp as the one from your L930 with DIY lens... and this is why I'm looking for a telephoto lens attachment for my L1020.:cool:

Here's what it looks like after some post processing in an attempt to clarify the details on the Moon - still not the same:
Moon post processed.png

Note: The original photos are not attached.

I may need to take another photo of the Moon with the same L1020 but now with Denim and updated Lumia Camera and ProShot apps but still without a lens attachment.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Very nice OP. I'll try to use the same settings because i can never get the moon settings right on my L930 haha.

Take care

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, not exactly. Here's a shot taken with the L1020 without a lens attachment using ProShot (back then, ProShot was taking photos that were less sharp or softer than those from Lumia Camera and the L1020 was in Cyan):

View attachment 105383

Not as sharp as the one from your L930 with DIY lens... and this is why I'm looking for a telephoto lens attachment for my L1020.:cool:

Here's what it looks like after some post processing in an attempt to clarify the details on the Moon - still not the same:
View attachment 105384

I may need to take another photo of the Moon with the same L1020 but now with Denim and updated Lumia Camera and ProShot apps but still without a lens attachment.

Try using a tripod and use lumia camera or 1shot, i find proshot a bit crap compared to the other two but they look nice, did you use raw or high res? http://themobilephotographyblog.com...dd-filters-to-your-lumia-1020-(or-nokia-808)/

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 105383

View attachment 105384

and buy this as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERKKM-Op...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3105223 and this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/HOZER-Detac...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3105223

You will have to fined a way to put it on XD

Putu Oka

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Very nice OP. I'll try to use the same settings because i can never get the moon settings right on my L930 haha.

Take care

i think you need additional attached lens (hardware)
i never success shoot the moon with my nokia lumia 930 without additional lens it will shiny

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
i think you need additional attached lens (hardware)
i never success shoot the moon with my nokia lumia 930 without additional lens it will shiny

That sounds like to much exposure and and slow shutter speed, i can get a nice shot without the lens attached.. just makes it even nicer with it, and depending where you are the moon might look bigger to you so the lens would not be needed, my moon was like a dot

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Try using a tripod and use lumia camera or 1shot, i find proshot a bit crap compared to the other two but they look nice, did you use raw or high res? Add filters to your Lumia 1020 (or Nokia 808)

Using ProShot, I had the "34MP" output resolution (16:9 ratio) with 10.0x live digital zoom. Here's the tricky part - 34MP is the output of the sensor itself without digital zooming, where any form of digital zooming would be taking a smaller (and lower resolution) portion out of that 34MP at 16:9 aspect ratio. However, ProShot still gave me a "34MP" image even if it was digitally zoomed in at 10.0x magnification. I've talked to the developer about this a few months back and he said that the app intentionally saves a larger version of the cropped area of the sensor as if it was using the entire sensor was being used. So, if my digital zooming was only using (for example) a 5-MP section of the sensor, ProShot will still save the resulting 5-MP photo as a 34-MP photo, similar to simply increasing the resolution of an image in PhotoShop without really increasing the quality of the photo. His justification was something like, "Users were complaining about the output resolution not being 'full resolution' when zoomed in". My response was that that was ignorance on the part of the "photographer".:cool:

So to answer your question, not sure if ProShot can output "DNG" types of images, but the output was a JPG file (a pseudo 34MP image).

I will try using a tripod, possibly a motorized one designed for astronomy, and then force the OIS off (possible with Lumia Camera by setting the focus manually) - I need the OIS off because the lens gets slightly left behind by the rotation of the earth at that levels of magnification with the telescopic attachment causing a slight blur in long exposure images... or I could simply use shorter exposure times.:wink:

P.S.
Installed then uninstalled 1Shot before - don't remember why. I'll probably try it again and see how it compares against ProShot.

Update:
Just tried 1Shot now. First impressions: Aside from it's fast (under 1.5 seconds, which is similar to Camera360 Sight) start up time, there seems to be nothing special about it. Focusing time and quality are the same with Lumia Camera, Microsoft Camera, etc. White balance is the same. Detail recovery at high levels of magnification seems to be the same, though this needs further testing (just like my previous tests elsewhere). The zoom control, however, needs a lot of improvement - since when did moving my fingers away from each other mean zooming out-then-in? :cool:

Last edited:

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Right of the camera no post processing :) I used exposer of -3, shutter speed of 1/400 and ISO of 100 to 200, I think 100 on this shot, and focus was all the way up

Sorry if i hijack or something, but i suck in photography even if i love it so much. I would like to teach a little(lot) mkre about wp camera settings and use my 1520 in right way. Do you mind writing tutorial or link me (or pm me) if there is tutorial online?
Thanks in advance!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if i hijack or something, but i suck in photography even if i love it so much. I would like to teach a little(lot) mkre about wp camera settings and use my 1520 in right way. Do you mind writing tutorial or link me (or pm me) if there is tutorial online?
Thanks in advance!

Have a look at Muessig's guide for all who love photography:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/gu...so-you-want-take-better-pictures-[guide].html

All you need to know is in this very well done how to for mobile or any photographer.
Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss