Can I get some help with my Lumia 930 headphone jack issues?

lmcscotty

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 930 headphone jack issues..

Recently my headphone jack has stopped detecting headphones, tried multiple pairs and music still plays through the speaker, it's like it doesn't even know I have plugged my headphones in! Any tips???

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you already try a soft reset?
Or try to look inside it to see if it is damaged (difficult to do).
Can you plug in the earphone "totally" in the jack maybe some dirt is stuck in the bottom.
Or try to clean it?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not really but if your phone does not "see" or better said does not "feel" the plug then this could be due to some contamination.
Did you also try a soft reset?

There are some case where some "contamination" actual did the opposite. The phone got stuck in headphone mode.

lmcscotty

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the toothbrush idea, but I am still having no progress, I have heard using some nail polish remover can help. Do you think a disassembly would be a wise idea?? (I may buy a new jack and replace it, if worst comes to worst) I have also soft resetted multiple times, but nothing software side seems to be working ..

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you already try a hard reset (=factory reset) or use the WPRT this to rule out a software problem.
If above did not work it's hardware but you still should have warranty on your phone. (And opening your phone will void warranty.)
So i would first opt for a warranty repair.

But if you still want to do it check some youtube vids if you think you can do it.
If it's opened at least you can have a better look.

But be carefully with liquids because before you know it some may "drip" in your phone. (If your phone is open using liquid is less dangerous because you see if you spill some)

But nail varnish is an "aggressive" solvent which can attack all kind of plastics. Alcohol or IPA is a less aggressive solvent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs