Is a store demo 930 for 250? a good deal?

snoxu

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thread title says it all.

Should I pull the triger on 250 euro 930 store demo unit?

Or should I save my euro bucks for the unreleased 940.

Im only afraid of the unkown price of the 940.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The 940 won't be cheap... I'm basing that on the (rumored) specs I've seen so far. MS has tried to keep their pricing low, but they might throw that out the window with this one... price range? maybe 350 euros and up?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The 930 was about 550 euro's in the Netherlands at lauch so I do not really believe the 940 will be much cheaper. But prices drop after a few month 's and now a new 930 is about 350 euro.

But back to the demo unit.
Check the screen on burn in because if it always was "on" the screen may have burn in.
And sometimes they have a dedicated demo ROM/firmware so the shop should take care of that.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Burn in is a big danger on an AMOLED demo unit. If they left the same picture on for long periods of time, it almost has to have it.

As someone else said, pull up a white page and look for ghost images. I have seen some store demo units on eBay that have burn. I used to see a bunch of Samsung Galaxy's with it.

You might to check to make sure it's not nicked up either. I imagine it's been dropped a few times.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
However, if the ghosting isn't something you care about or it isn't significantly bad, it may be worth a sizeable discount.

I once bought a Q10 (the second ATT one I got) and it came with an image of the app launcher burned in. It wasn't really noticeable considering the primarily dark UI of BB10 when on AMOLED and when web browsing it wasn't a big issue. I still fixed it though because it made me feel better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99