Lumia 930 black screen of death

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My phone died today :/ sad times only had it a month RIP 930 never buying it again 940 here I come (I have back up 925 but the mic is not working because of an update and now does not want to go back to working)

Ps tried everything to get it working

Last edited:

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
clearly nothing interesting since he is not even trying to find out what happened. black screen of death.. what is this even suppose to mean? does it light up buttons and screen stays black? what OS is had been running? does the recovery tool not work? did the hard/softreset not work? what a post

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
clearly nothing interesting since he is not even trying to find out what happened. black screen of death.. what is this even suppose to mean? does it light up buttons and screen stays black? what OS is had been running? does the recovery tool not work? did the hard/softreset not work? what a post

Done it all XD have you not heard of black screen of death the screen tries working, when you turn it on you see the nokia name very dim then nothing, can't even use the phone at all now because I formatted it, but before I could use the camera haha of course had no clue what the picture looked like and button light up but the screen is very dim or nothing at all, nothing I can do, but send it back and see if I can get it fixed

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the digitizer got broken. You said you were able to take a picture before. Once can presume that everything except the screen is working. Please elaborate on "formatting" it. Did you set up the phone after resetting it?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe the digitizer got broken. You said you were able to take a picture before. Once can presume that everything except the screen is working. Please elaborate on "formatting" it. Did you set up the phone after resetting it?
The Digitizer is fine, touch screen works everything works apart from the OLED screen which can't power up it tries to, might see a icon at the top once every so offend and I used the recover tool to reformatted it
Can't there is nothing to see, I tried remembering which buttons to press on setup impossible to do XD

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Probably a burnt capacitor(s) connected to the LEDs. If you want you could get it checked out at a service centre. Seems quite simple an issue.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Probably a burnt capacitor(s) connected to the LEDs. If you want you could get it checked out at a service centre. Seems quite simple an issue.

It might be makes sense this phone does get hot, I will post a video of it, I will need to fine one near me I will look tomorrow, its a shame its such a good phone, I am glad I have my Lumia 925 XD

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Where is this backlight capacitor? I've had phones like this, and put the board into a new LCD assembly, and it worked fine. Normally, I thought the backlight control was on the board. If so, the board transplanted into a new LCD assembly would have the same problem.

Is it on the LCD assembly someplace?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ill take it so long its free. Back to the topic. Do get it checked out by the Care Center and keep us posted. So when can i expect it to arrive at my door? :p

Well it would be free but the screen is cracked XD haha, Not got a care center near me, nearest is in London, I am in the south in dorset, but I will look to day for phone repair shops and lets hope fore the best, its still working and if I charge it I get some screen, dim mind for about 2 seconds then black again, not enough time to setup the phone

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Where is this backlight capacitor? I've had phones like this, and put the board into a new LCD assembly, and it worked fine. Normally, I thought the backlight control was on the board. If so, the board transplanted into a new LCD assembly would have the same problem.

Is it on the LCD assembly someplace?

OLED does not have a backlight... its something to do with the powering with the LED's

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Other than not boot & require soft reset i Havent had black screen of death in any my lumias, but ive had that silly bluescreen with the sad smiley on a 520 before...
If your 930 is recognised by a pc? Did you try connecting it upto a pc with nokia care suite and setting it in testmode and running tests?

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Other than not boot & require soft reset i Havent had black screen of death in any my lumias, but ive had that silly bluescreen with the sad smiley on a 520 before...
If your 930 is recognised by a pc? Did you try connecting it upto a pc with nokia care suite and setting it in testmode and running tests?

Yeah its not common on lumia phones but its has happen to people with 930's, and i only used Lumia recovery tool, as i did not know about the nokia care suite but i have sent it to Microsoft now, so lets hope for the best :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb