Odd rattling

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone ever had a rattling noise emanating for the top section of the Lumia 930? Mine started doing so. Everything seems to be working AOK...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Could it be the OIS?

Launch any camera app and enter video recording mode. If the rattling disappears while the camera is in video recording mode (where the OIS should be active), then the rattling is the OIS while it's not active.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You could try to verify if indeed the sound is caused by one of those buttons: try inserting a small piece of paper in between each button one at a time, then check if the rattling sound disappears.

By the way, when do you hear the rattling sound? While just shaking the phone or when the phone vibrates?

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
You could try to verify if indeed the sound is caused by one of those buttons: try inserting a small piece of paper in between each button one at a time, then check if the rattling sound disappears.

By the way, when do you hear the rattling sound? While just shaking the phone or when the phone vibrates?

Hi. I have placed my fingers over all 3 buttons. Then shake the phone. Rattling stops.
So, if that really is the issue, how do I fix it?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty unusual on that phone. There is very little tolerance between the buttons on the outside, and those on the motherboard. In fact, it's easy to break them off the motherboard when removing it due to that.. Are you sure that's it? Which button?

anon(6098928)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty unusual on that phone. There is very little tolerance between the buttons on the outside, and those on the motherboard. In fact, it's easy to break them off the motherboard when removing it due to that.. Are you sure that's it? Which button?

I know its odd. I think its the volume up/down area. PHone now been sent off to Nokia for repair :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion