Has anyone ever had a rattling noise emanating for the top section of the Lumia 930? Mine started doing so. Everything seems to be working AOK...
    06-07-2015 02:27 PM
    Could it be the OIS?

Launch any camera app and enter video recording mode. If the rattling disappears while the camera is in video recording mode (where the OIS should be active), then the rattling is the OIS while it's not active.
    Laura Knotek and Harrie-S like this.
    06-07-2015 02:36 PM
    Hi,

Tried that. Still get the rattling. I think I will try and take the back off... something must have come loose.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    06-08-2015 09:15 AM
    Alright, thanks for the update. Let us know what you find.
    06-08-2015 02:11 PM
    Problem area found:

The side buttons are ever so slightly lose. There's a little bit of play in one of the 3. Not sure which one. Suggestions?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    06-25-2015 02:38 PM
    You could try to verify if indeed the sound is caused by one of those buttons: try inserting a small piece of paper in between each button one at a time, then check if the rattling sound disappears.

By the way, when do you hear the rattling sound? While just shaking the phone or when the phone vibrates?
    guinnsquirrel likes this.
    06-27-2015 12:43 PM
    You could try to verify if indeed the sound is caused by one of those buttons: try inserting a small piece of paper in between each button one at a time, then check if the rattling sound disappears.

By the way, when do you hear the rattling sound? While just shaking the phone or when the phone vibrates?

Hi. I have placed my fingers over all 3 buttons. Then shake the phone. Rattling stops.
    So, if that really is the issue, how do I fix it?
    06-30-2015 04:38 PM
    That's pretty unusual on that phone. There is very little tolerance between the buttons on the outside, and those on the motherboard. In fact, it's easy to break them off the motherboard when removing it due to that.. Are you sure that's it? Which button?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    06-30-2015 05:58 PM
    That's pretty unusual on that phone. There is very little tolerance between the buttons on the outside, and those on the motherboard. In fact, it's easy to break them off the motherboard when removing it due to that.. Are you sure that's it? Which button?
    I know its odd. I think its the volume up/down area. PHone now been sent off to Nokia for repair :/
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-01-2015 08:02 AM
    I know its odd. I think its the volume up/down area. PHone now been sent off to Nokia for repair :/
    Be interested to hear if they tell you what they found. It's pretty tight in there - not much room for rattles.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-01-2015 11:20 AM