My phone's (Lumia 930) battery draining very quickly 10 to 15 days ago i have noticed that ..... :(
    Before that days battery life was very good even 2 days spend without any tension even turn on WiFi .....
    Now what's the reason behind this damn thing .... :'(
    What should i to do for longer battery Life....
    Plz guys help me .....:
    06-13-2015 01:48 AM
    First of all what is draining very quickly? Is it 4 hours, 8 hours, 1 day??

Did you check battery saver to see which app uses a lot of battery?
    Did you install an app 10-15 days ago which could cause this quick draining?
    Did you already do a soft reset or hard reset?
    So please check above and give some more details
    Laura Knotek and gpobernardo like this.
    06-13-2015 02:54 AM
    ! day ...... Max
    06-13-2015 11:05 AM
    Staying connected to a weak WiFi signal.
    Screen brightness set to high or not on auto.
    Apps running in the background.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    06-13-2015 06:36 PM
    I've had a similar problem to the OP. A couple weeks ago, my battery started draining much, much faster than usual. Normal for me is to have 30% left at the end of a day. Since this problem started I run out of battery mid-day. My best guess is that it's draining 3x as fast as before. And this happened very suddenlyit has not been a gradual decline.

I've found a couple of similar threads but with no solution (sorry I can't post actual links; my post count is too low):

[windows central] /nokia-lumia-925/361396-battery-life-took-dive.html
    [windows central] /htc-one-m8-windows/357945-gdr2-battery-drain.html

In the latter, the guy seems to think the problem is GDR2, but I'm not running GDR2 and as far as I know my phone hasn't had any updates recently.

I have an HTC 8xt on Sprint running OS version 8.10.14203.206.

Here is a complete list of things that changed with my phone around the time this started:
    • I installed a new app, NBC Live Extra. But when the battery problems started I uninstalled.
    • I ran a network profile update. After the battery problems I have run two more of these to no avail.
    • Several apps have updated.

That's all I can think of. My phone use, live tiles, location, signal strength, WiFi use, and Bluetooth use have all been the same as before.

The only possible culprits I can think of are if an updated app is creating a problem (but my usage in Battery Saver looks normal), if the network profile update is creating a problem (but then wouldn't lots of Sprint users be complaining?), or if a tower near my house suddenly has a weaker signal (but then why are there other WC threads about this?).

Any advice would be much appreciated. This is incredibly frustrating and I really don't want to have to buy a new phone.
    06-18-2015 11:59 AM