2nd mic fail (conspiracy theory)

TheMrPatrick

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I have just noticed this too when playing back recorded videos on my computer. Seems like the left mic is not recording either anything, or not properly, it is alot softer than the right side. On one occasion someone was standing on my left and was talking, but when watching the video it sounds like the guy was standing to my right..
I have just looked back at all my recorded videos and it seems like it started around 7 July for me, so a week ago. No idea why. And please don't tell me it is some hardware issue that requires repair, getting so tired of all the issues with this expensive phone...:straight:

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
here I am.. after repeatedly failing to test my device with Nokia care tools, I went to Nokia care. they tried resets, software updates but were unable to solve the problem and sent my 930 to a factory for repair.. It took almost a month.
After putting my phone under the knife the issue has been resolved and my 930 is back but with some cuts and stitch marks.. :|

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It's not HW, c'mon people, where do you get this non-sense?
I have a Lumia 930 from October last year and all of the sudden mic stops working. Not to mention that Denim ruined the experience of the screen so bad (flashes in IE, apps, start screen).
When I bought the phone the Cyan firmware was ok-ish, only battery was draining fast and the phone was a burning brick.
Now it gets hot only on charging while using apps.
For me this is the worst experience ever, I even sent the phone in repair after one month of use, ofc they only flashed the OS again.
This is the worst support for a flagship, that's why I really really consider if I should buy the new model or not.
I rather go with Apple, at least I know I am treated as a premium customer, not like a monkey.

jodeltje

May 9, 2014
Visit site
seems I'm rocking a unicorn here, lol.
I have a finnish 930 from Vietnam, no flickering screen, mic works fine, timely updates, the lot.

sstiwari

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 930 purchased in Feb 2015, is made in Vietnam. Its exclusive White Gold Edition.

But alas both defects are there.

1. The screen flickers on 2G Networks.
2. The two Microphones of the Back Panel do not work since April 2015.

Microsoft what have you done to your flagship!!!

jeag888

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have the exact same issue with the mics,
my phone L930 is made in china and was purchrased on september 2015
video seems to record more volume on the right channel than left channel.
I don't think it is a a software issue, because if you turn on the 5.1 audio recording, you get two audio tracks on the mp4 file: the 6-channel track seems ok (at least when heard on stereo headphones seems well balanced), but the stereo track channel is clearly unbalanced.
Any way to report this? as quite a few of us are having the issue

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with front (2nd?) mic not working. Phone or skype calls over speaker have no input; Skype video messages (recorded with front camera) have no audio; Lumia Camera front videos have no sound either; Cortana input and song identification do not work.

Cortana (and Hey Cortana) seemed to work great on Update 2, but the other issues were still there. I just rolled back to 8.1 Update 1 with Denim and all the mic problems are there, and Cortana no longer hears me.

I'm debating whether I should go back to Update 2 (if possible) or maybe go to the latest W10 mobile build on the fast ring.

I'm curious about the Nokia Care Suite mentioned above. I'd love to check out the test suite, but I hate downloading stuff from random places. I found what I think is a good source: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 5.6.134.1513 ? Seidea
But the download links take you to an adly site and then you need to select a random hosting site from which to download. Gross. If I get desperate I may go that route. I bought this from Expansys USA in April so I have pretty much no support.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Chris_Kez,

If you bought yours from expansys-usa, they do help you with warranty repairs in the first six months of purchase (so if you are within that, contact them). I think your device still has warranty for the one year, but you have to send it to the Nokia care of the country that the device was bought from (and there begins the import problems too). Expansys-USA helps you with this part within 6 months of purchase. That's the good part.

The bad part is that I sent in mine to them late August for the same problem, and am still waiting for my device back. Last I heard two weeks back, the parts supplier keeps changing the parts available dates on them, so they are helpless. Expect return time was this week, but have not been able to get a decent reponse from expansys this week. This (shortage of parts) seems to be a common problem.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the shortage of parts. already sent mine 3 times since may. all 3 mobos have the same defect. now waiting for a new mobo / transceiver. its either, there is a major QC issue for lumia devices or denim actually broke the hardware. no official statement from Microsoft yet.

I have not taken mine for repairs yet it might take soo much time.. Its 4 months old it was working fine when I got the phone. It was on cyan...then I updated...

gricardo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine stopped working after rolling back from 10 to 8.1. I have a suspicion that the firmware the WDRT installs is causing this defect. Tomorrow I'll try to install an older firmware I have saved in my PC and see if it fixes. Cortana seems to work normally while speaker on calls doesn't.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I do not have these problems somehow. Microphones work well when i am sending voice records or when recording video or name your self as you want. And 2g works very well and not flicklering.strange:eck:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99