Car charger - definitive solution ?

Iulian Ignat

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't find a definitive solution on this, no matter how I googled it.
I tried to charge my 930 with 4 different car chargers, from standard to 2,4A power chargers and I get the "slow charging" message every time.
Is there a final solution on this?
I will leave for a trip holiday through Italy and the Here+ Driving is a must for me.

The only option I didn't try is the charger with hardwired micro-usb cable (all the 4 chargers I've tried were using separate usb to micro-usb cables).

Iulian Ignat

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Solved it.
I bought an ultra fast charger from Energizer with hardwired micro-usb cable. It works now (although I get an "slowly charging" message 1/3 of the times - it might be some SW bug also)..

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed now and again I get that, but unplugging then putting it back in again often solves it, so yes it's possibly something with the software.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had similar issues, and discovered that certain cables I used would give the slow charging message when plugged into a rapid charger. Some of the thicker, sturdier cables I had always did the fast charge. Still, a couple of cables I had would vary and may fast charge one time and slow charge the next. I think it is partly due to the quality of the charging cable.

Just my experience so far. I've got a couple of dozen cables, and have taken the time to experiment with them when I was having the same issue.

Worth checking out of you have more than one cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss