So, How is 10136 on the 930?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I finally got curious enough to make the plunge earlier today and have been finding it surprisingly robust. Some things took a while to figure out (connecting to my Band, enabling Hey Cortana) but once I fiddled with it and figured them out, it's been working just great. I'm gonna stick with it for a couple of days to see, but if it's as good over a few days as it has been so far I may well keep it as a daily driver.

How did you enable "hey Cortana"? Can't find setting. That's one of my most used features and I need it!

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all incase you don't know, the reachability feature that the Lumia 1520 currently has by holding down the windows button is coming to the 930 in the next build. The 930 currently has a scaling bug which is preventing us from using it.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
At first that happened to me too, but since I re-paired them it's been working fine.

Thanks for the response. I tried your method and it synced. The only problem is im not getting all notification on my band (ie. Viber, facebook, etc.)

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Cortana was a ***** to find, but I assure you, she's there. I don't remember now exactly where or how I found her, but it may have been in Settings> Speech, inking & typing, then choose the option for Windows and Cortana to get to know your voice.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Cortana was a ***** to find, but I assure you, she's there. I don't remember now exactly where or how I found her, but it may have been in Settings> Speech, inking & typing, then choose the option for Windows and Cortana to get to know your voice.

I found "hey cortana" under extras in settings but it keeps telling me I must have her turned on( which I do). the cortana app itself works fine but I have become addicted to "hey cortana" and am having terrible withdrawal symptoms!!! very frustrating. honestly though, i'm pretty happy with this build on my 930. it obviously needs some tweeks but compared to the nightmare that 10080 was, this is smooth sailing. i'll look at the speech,inking and typing stuff, thanks!

divyan

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Good for you and glad it's working. People sharing the problems they are having though, are NOT whining! Just looking for assistance and answers in a forum about their phone.

I agree with your assertion. People don't whine, but share problems and solutions.

Anyway, after a day, I think the phone is settled down pretty nice and easy. The issues I face are already documented all over the forums. But for me, none of them are deal breakers. The mixed bag is

1. Appearance of Lumia Classic Camera (Good).
2. Slight distortion of 'dots' when type phone PIN. Sometimes , instead of numeric pad, the alphabetical keyboard appears for typing PIN. Have to move back and then try again.
3. Here maps does not open at first. However , once the offline maps are downloaded after firing up Microsoft maps, Here maps came up.( Here drive+ was always starts though - can download offline maps from it's setting ).
4. For certain applications, Windows try hard to prevent it from crashing!

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@mary beth, Cortana has to re-learn your voice in order to operate. It was only after I ran through that exercise that Cortana began working regularly.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
@divyan, the ones that bother me most are in Outllook Mail. Primarily not having a unified inbox and having to switch within the app between my accounts to see incoming mail and not having an accurate (or often any) indication on the Start screen of the number of new e-mails. For that matter, even when they do show up, with the new Icon the number is in such tiny mice type that it's difficult to see.

I also don't like not having a separate Year view in Calendar, but having to scroll through the months. Over all I don't find the views in Calendar as useful or easy to see what's going on as in 8.1.

OneNote is pretty cool though, I love the new look and thumbnails and find it much easier to use (once everything downloads that is).

Chris B10

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi All.
Just signed up to post on here
Using build 10136 as my daily driver, its a huge leap forward from 10080. Had to roll back to 8.1 to get the 10136 update. Feels much closer to final with this version. The music player is a great little app. Sure there are still a few glitches and bugs buts its definitly usable as a daily now. The only annoying bug i cant seem to fix is the notification sounds for sms, had them working but now they are gone and cant get them back. Dont really want to roll back and install again just to fix. Anyone sitting on the fence waiting to take the plunge I'd say give it a go. I wouldnt have recommended 10080!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Just upgraded my ICON. Not too bad; smooths out the longer I use it.

One major problem; SMS fine, no MMS. Had my son send me an image; got the image but can't open it. Any suggestions.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
@mary beth, Cortana has to re-learn your voice in order to operate. It was only after I ran through that exercise that Cortana began working regularly.
Thanks. I was finally able to get to that screen but the trainer refuses to accept my voice. Damn. Cortana works fine. She can talk to me and I can talk to her, no problem. Very frustrating as I used "hey cortana" multiple times a day.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded my ICON. Not too bad; smooths out the longer I use it.

One major problem; SMS fine, no MMS. Had my son send me an image; got the image but can't open it. Any suggestions.

Download Microsoft photo app from store (beta). Once installed, you should be able to open pictures attachment from mms.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was finally able to get to that screen but the trainer refuses to accept my voice. Damn. Cortana works fine. She can talk to me and I can talk to her, no problem. Very frustrating as I used "hey cortana" multiple times a day.

Same with me. I can't train "hey cortana".

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
24 hours after downloading 10136 and on the whole I am really pleased with this build on my 930. Will NOT be rolling back to 8.1 this time around, as I had to do on the abomination that was 10080. I am typing this from my laptop though, because Windows Central app won't let me sign in on my phone. Very frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion