So, How is 10136 on the 930?

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Still can't find hey Cortana. Somebody? Where to find it?
And yes, does someone find solve how to change notification sounds?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
First go into settings >privacy>speech,inking,typing. Make sure you have checked "get to know me". If you already have it will say"stop getting to know me". Make sure "search" is set to run in background and that location is on. "Hey Cortana" is in "extras" which is at the bottom of the "settings" app. I found the "hey Cortana" setting but unfortunately it does not register my voice when I try to "train" her. Maybe you will have better luck. Does Cortana work for you other than the "hey Cortana" feature?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Re: Notification sounds...i think we are stuck with not having them available in this build. In another thread someone suggested an app called "Melodia" to assign sounds but I haven't tried it.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
cortana works ok, now I will try to find and train hey Cortana.
Problem is with extras + info app which I don't have in settings. Also have problem with that app in store and store beta.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am so tempted to try this build on my 930 but I "think" I'm getting a Microsoft Band tomorrow for Father's Day and didn't want compatibility issues between this build and the Band. Anyone have a Band using this build?

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I am so tempted to try this build on my 930 but I "think" I'm getting a Microsoft Band tomorrow for Father's Day and didn't want compatibility issues between this build and the Band. Anyone have a Band using this build?

I'm using the band with this build (Lumia 1520). It stays connected but the notification is hit or miss.

vcs714

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Motion data does not work on Lumia 930 hence step counter is not working , if you go to settings--> Extra--> Motion Data , the screen appears and blanks out . Are any of you facing the same issue ?

Regards

Vcs714

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Very good for me. No major problems with any aspect, and the thing is tying up much more nicely from a visual perspective now too.

Some issues remain: the recent update to the Mail app is not as fraught with problems as it was, but the internal software "back" button still crashes the app (use HW Back instead). On the plus side, Sync works now!

Spartan still eats battery like nothing else, so use that sparingly and remember to close it when it's not in use. Everything else seems pretty good to me now, and I feel no need to revert to 8.1.

Just found out today that NFC is overheating the phone, so I switched that off (plus Location just to be safe, will re-add that later and see what happens). Phone is much cooler now.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am really enjoying 10136 on my 930. The only big problem (for me) is that although Cortana works fine, the voice training refuses to register my voice, so I can't use "hey Cortana". Miss that feature a lot. Also can't figure out how to edit the reminders I already have. Only gives me the options of complete or discard.
Smaller issue for me is the inability to add specific notification sounds. I get notifications but the sounds are from the system. Calendar and mail work fine. Love OneNote. I think the keyboard is harder to use. Haven't had many app crashes. So far so good. A million times better than 10080 build.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you for the most part, Mary Beth, I loved the build - at first. But the cumulative smaller issues eventually added up to make it too much of an intrusion into my daily use of the phone and I removed it yesterday. Yes, it was fun and exciting and I'm looking forward to the next and eventually final build. But what a relief it was to go back to a stable, predictable, fully usable 930 running Denim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss