So, How is 10136 on the 930?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install the last build of Windows 10 on my 930 but it was so buggy and loggy that I took it off after a day. Today's build, 10136 on my old 635 seems pretty sweet. I could easily use it as my daily driver if I was willing to go back to a 635, But I'm not, I'd miss the better camera and flash, Hey Cortana, the screen and other things of my 930. So, for anyone who has installed 10136 on a 930, how is it this time compared to last? Is it usable as a daily driver?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Did the same as you and installed 10136 on my little 635. Surprisingly nice. Will be putting it on my 930 tomorrow. The last build, even though it ran pretty well on my 635, was absolutely horrible on my 930. Hope this one is different.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Interesting!

I didn't put w10 on my 930 as running in on the 630 didn't give me enough confidence to run as a daily driver. I've been putting off downgrading to 8.1 to put 10136 on as too much hassle! Maybe I'll give it a go.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
nah, I had it on my 930 for 2 hours, and decided to switch back to 8.1. Lost about 40% while exploring things like settings, store beta and microsoft edge (spartan). *localization, nfc, bluetooth, cellular data - off*
I hadn't had any problems with battery life on 8.1, however I've decided to hard reset my 930 to see if it helps, but I've experienced "forever resuming" screen and couldn't do anything.

That's what I can say:

*930 heats up fast on TP10, even while using apps with light theme.

*Store Beta is a joke as for now.
WPStore links from MS Edge opens up in Store Beta, and ends up with some error for many apps. I couldn't find a lot of apps while searching manually too.

*All the new apps like outlook/calendar/store beta etc. are crashing occasionally.

*No live tiles for MSN apps.

*There are no icons/app names for many apps in notification center.

*No Internet Explorer.

*A lot of icons (on tiles) are scaled improperly so you end up with huge blurred Messaging/Store Beta/Edge icons, and tiny (in comparison) messenger/store icons.

*Apps are opening way too slow, but OS itself is closer to WP 8.1 experience in terms of performance.

Just things that you should expect from late alpha/early beta build. We all know that battery life on 930 isn't that great and with W10 TP it's definitely worse.

Last edited:

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
i installed it, only prob. for now is that I can't connect to my microsoft account. don't know what is the problem. any advices?

kumar_0119578

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I had it on my L930 for 4-5 hours.
main problem was, unable to download apps in store(beta) and maps using Wifi network with proxy.
now back to WP8.1

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I finally got curious enough to make the plunge earlier today and have been finding it surprisingly robust. Some things took a while to figure out (connecting to my Band, enabling Hey Cortana) but once I fiddled with it and figured them out, it's been working just great. I'm gonna stick with it for a couple of days to see, but if it's as good over a few days as it has been so far I may well keep it as a daily driver.

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I finally got curious enough to make the plunge earlier today and have been finding it surprisingly robust. Some things took a while to figure out (connecting to my Band, enabling Hey Cortana) but once I fiddled with it and figured them out, it's been working just great. I'm gonna stick with it for a couple of days to see, but if it's as good over a few days as it has been so far I may well keep it as a daily driver.

How did you get the band work on this build? Mine keeps getting disconnected. Even my fitbit zip.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving it. However, at first it was putrid - duplicate apps, lag, etc. If you get it, it is almost mandatory to do a hard reset and clean install after the upgrade. It is really nice to work with now albeit there are still a couple of bugs.
Today I wrote into feedback that now rather than waiting to issue another huge, grandiose update, their public may better appreciate weekly, smaller under-the-hood bug-killer updates.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
installed it tonight on my 930. the 3 things that may seem insignificant, but will probably cause me to roll back...
1- where is the "hey cortana" setup?
2- where are my notification sound for apps-especially sms/mms/missed calls/voicemail/email?
3-where is my double tap to wake setting?
edit...got double tap but PLEASE tell me how to enable "hey cortana" and notification sounds!

Last edited:

divyan

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have installed TP10136 on my daily driver, Lumia 930. ( Scratch the warnings advising against that!). Update went smooth, but I could not find Video in apps location. Then yes, indeed there was more battery drain than Windows 8.1 GDR2. I did a hard reset, but it did not help. My screen went dark. After some tries, I went back to 8.1 GDR2 and flashed 10136 again :D. Whatever be the drawbacks, I love to ride on bleeding edge stuff , minor inconveniences notwithstanding. ( used to follow the same principle with my BlackBerry 10 phones before I bought L930).

So, I use TP10 as my daily driver and will see how things are going. Not going to whine about "heatin up" or " apps not working" or any stuff like that. My phone, my choice!

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed 10136 on my daily driver 930.

Battery drain is A LOT faster than 8.1, maybe twice as fast or even more.
There's a 1 second delay when you tap on an app to launch.
Hey Cortana option is missing.
Start screen takes a second to load after unlocking the screen.
Spartan is buggy.
Apart from those issues, 10136 seems to be a stable build. Crashes occur very rarely. There are some visual glitches here and there.

The positive side? The resuming screen (although it's replaced by a black screen in this build) occurs less than 8.1. Most apps resume instantly while multitasking.
And the new Music app is far far better than 8.1 :)

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have installed TP10136 on my daily driver, Lumia 930. ( Scratch the warnings advising against that!). Update went smooth, but I could not find Video in apps location. Then yes, indeed there was more battery drain than Windows 8.1 GDR2. I did a hard reset, but it did not help. My screen went dark. After some tries, I went back to 8.1 GDR2 and flashed 10136 again :D. Whatever be the drawbacks, I love to ride on bleeding edge stuff , minor inconveniences notwithstanding. ( used to follow the same principle with my BlackBerry 10 phones before I bought L930).

So, I use TP10 as my daily driver and will see how things are going. Not going to whine about "heatin up" or " apps not working" or any stuff like that. My phone, my choice!
Good for you and glad it's working. People sharing the problems they are having though, are NOT whining! Just looking for assistance and answers in a forum about their phone.

luizioc

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Installed on my 930 daily driver and the first time Cortana would not work with "I'm sorry, speech not started. Try again". Tried many things, nothing worked. Since many 930 users from Brazil didnt report this issue decided to go back to 8.1 and upgrade again. This time it is working.

Battery drain is incredibly fast. It went down even with no use while charging on my PC USB.

Some apps, especially Nextgen Reader, crashing on first use after install.

New OneNote is great and so are the other office apps.

Sometimes apps crash but that was expected. Much more stable than 10080.

Apps with no name displayed running in background.

Icons and live tiles display and update bugs from previous versions still happenning. (what's with the microscopic phone tile?).

Will give it a try till the weekend if I can manage to make the battery live a little longer than 4 hours.

Sarav? and good luck to all kamikazes!

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I installed on my Icon for a couple days. It was better than the 10034 and 10080 build...but there was still some things. They still should've left the cellular toggle like how it is on 8.1. Hey Cortana wasn't working at all and voice interaction with Cortana sucked cause it would kick you off to start over again. Couldn't send mms texts even with cellular on, lag issues still, couldn't even post or sign through this app like I could back on 8.1 like I am now. That half screen business didn't work on my Icon either. A lot of apps weren't TP10 friendly so that sucked which is why I probably couldn't sign on through here.

Szymon Bakalarczyk

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
on 930 and all oled/amoled screens light theme eats battery like crazy, did u mean dark one? im still on 10080 and im getting up to two days(30h) on single charge.

luizioc

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No such luck.

Cortana setup initiallized again, now it needs to be able to show reminders and that i can give the permission to do that in settings. But what setting, Cortana??

The search continues ... and the patience not so much ...

luizioc

May 25, 2013
Visit site
While trying to lower battery drain, accidentally disabled 'Search' app to run in background. Enabled it and now Cortana is working(ish) again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion