Notification light?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
you really should be the Microsoft band it give you a small vibration when you get am email or message, you can then see the message on the band itself.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm yet to find such light on my 930 (i only see sensors on top of the phone), so i guess the only way is a blinking Windows button as a notification light.

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I wish MS would go ahead and make the windows button the optional notification light already.... I also wish the Windows, Search, & Back keys could glow your theme color instead of always white...that would be cool....I don't like the on screen buttons tho. Leave that for the budget Lumia Phones

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Motorola have similar AMOLED screens to the 930 on both the Moto X & Nexus 6 both those screens don't have a memory layer, but yet they use the screen only for notifications that is based on software.

Microsoft could easily add a software based Glance for the 930 if they wish to into Windows 10, maybe they will once it released or activate the notification light.

Either Way iPhone users have been getting on dandy over the years without any form of notification light ect, maybe both Nokia & Microsoft thought that we Windows users would also be fine without it on the 930, well we would have if they didn't have glance on lower handsets such as the 640 ect.

The Moto X uses the same technology as Windows Phones with the Glance Screen. The Moto X has four proximity sensors, one in each corner, that serve the same purpose as the proximity sensor found on most Windows Phones (to detect motion in front of the screen).

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Rather then color i wish to search button can be set to launch any aplication.. That bing search i never used.

Bleeding effect on Windows key will be nice feature, not impossible to implant to the system if MS want it.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I highly doubt either the Lumia 930 or Lumia 730 have a notification LED light. You're probably assuming the infrared emitting proximity sensor is an LED light, or the ambient sensor.

Maybe what he mean a start button act to do so.

While in 520 start logo not glowing so it's out of question. And in 730 has no physical start button. It mean only 930 capable doing that.

I mean when there is a message your windows logo blepping while the screen is locked

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not saying that the 930 does or doesn't have an LED in it, but really the argument is meaningless, as at the end of the day, if there is one, it currently doesn't do anything

So it doesn't matter

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
There was a big thread on this very forum of people looking into this, and as far as I remember, someone took a 930 apart and actually did find an LED, I believe the 73x also has an LED. I wish I could find this thread but I cant remember what its title was, I'm fairly certain it was a derailed thread too which makes it even harder to find..

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There was a big thread on this very forum of people looking into this, and as far as I remember, someone took a 930 apart and actually did find an LED, I believe the 73x also has an LED. I wish I could find this thread but I cant remember what its title was, I'm fairly certain it was a derailed thread too which makes it even harder to find..
I think they'll be activated with the lumia Emerald firmware update ;)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

I hope you find this thread. This makes me think that there might actually be an LED light present on both these devices.
However, as was mentioned already by someone else (bo_woods), it doesn't matter as of right now.
I'm sure Windows 10 will add support for it. But right now it's pointless, as they don't do faff.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I will be taking a 930 apart to replace the screen this weekend. If anyone has any idea of where this light is supposed to be, I'll look for it, within reason. Obviously, I'm not going to tear up stuff I can't put back together to look for it, but the screen replacement will require pretty thorough dissection.

Point me to where it's supposed to be, and I'll take some pics.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I will be taking a 930 apart to replace the screen this weekend. If anyone has any idea of where this light is supposed to be, I'll look for it, within reason. Obviously, I'm not going to tear up stuff I can't put back together to look for it, but the screen replacement will require pretty thorough dissection.

Point me to where it's supposed to be, and I'll take some pics.

if there's one, probably along with the sensors, on the highlighted area:

nokia-lumia-930-parts-06.jpg

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
They don't sell it in Canada and I am not sure I want to pay for another piece of hardware. My old N8 used to do it.

Btw - what do you use the band for? How are you finding using a smart watch? I am interested in getting one, but waiting for gen 2

Thanks,

Mr. V

Get a MS Band

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I took the board from the 930 and put it into an Icon screen (the screen was dead, so I wanted to test it to make sure it worked prior to buying a new 930 screen).

I can tell you there's nothing but a hole where the sensor is on the screen, so if there is anything, I suppose it's on the board. I will check Saturday when the new screen comes in, because I want to take it apart it anymore than necessary. I'll post some pics either way then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte