12-07-2016 06:07 AM
78 1234
tools
    I highly doubt either the Lumia 930 or Lumia 730 have a notification LED light. You're probably assuming the infrared emitting proximity sensor is an LED light, or the ambient sensor.
    06-23-2015 11:02 AM
    Rather then color i wish to search button can be set to launch any aplication.. That bing search i never used.

Bleeding effect on Windows key will be nice feature, not impossible to implant to the system if MS want it.
    06-23-2015 11:02 AM
    I highly doubt either the Lumia 930 or Lumia 730 have a notification LED light. You're probably assuming the infrared emitting proximity sensor is an LED light, or the ambient sensor.
    Maybe what he mean a start button act to do so.

While in 520 start logo not glowing so it's out of question. And in 730 has no physical start button. It mean only 930 capable doing that.

I mean when there is a message your windows logo blepping while the screen is locked
    06-23-2015 12:16 PM
    No, 930 has NONE.
    Some people and their Stubbornness .
    The 930 and the 73x do indeed have notification LEDs in them. It is relatively cheaper than including an OLED screen with high display memory.
    06-23-2015 12:18 PM
    I'm not saying that the 930 does or doesn't have an LED in it, but really the argument is meaningless, as at the end of the day, if there is one, it currently doesn't do anything

So it doesn't matter
    06-23-2015 12:25 PM
    My Nexus had a notification light. It was ok at best. The glance screen on my 1520 has been more useful.
    06-23-2015 12:37 PM
    My Nexus had a notification light. It was ok at best. The glance screen on my 1520 has been more useful.
    Does your 1520 have ghost taps??
    06-23-2015 12:53 PM
    There was a big thread on this very forum of people looking into this, and as far as I remember, someone took a 930 apart and actually did find an LED, I believe the 73x also has an LED. I wish I could find this thread but I cant remember what its title was, I'm fairly certain it was a derailed thread too which makes it even harder to find..
    06-23-2015 05:28 PM
    There was a big thread on this very forum of people looking into this, and as far as I remember, someone took a 930 apart and actually did find an LED, I believe the 73x also has an LED. I wish I could find this thread but I cant remember what its title was, I'm fairly certain it was a derailed thread too which makes it even harder to find..
    I think they'll be activated with the lumia Emerald firmware update ;)
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    06-23-2015 06:09 PM
    I hope you find this thread. This makes me think that there might actually be an LED light present on both these devices.
    However, as was mentioned already by someone else (bo_woods), it doesn't matter as of right now.
    I'm sure Windows 10 will add support for it. But right now it's pointless, as they don't do faff.
    xandros9 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    06-23-2015 07:33 PM
    I will be taking a 930 apart to replace the screen this weekend. If anyone has any idea of where this light is supposed to be, I'll look for it, within reason. Obviously, I'm not going to tear up stuff I can't put back together to look for it, but the screen replacement will require pretty thorough dissection.

Point me to where it's supposed to be, and I'll take some pics.
    06-23-2015 08:24 PM
    I will be taking a 930 apart to replace the screen this weekend. If anyone has any idea of where this light is supposed to be, I'll look for it, within reason. Obviously, I'm not going to tear up stuff I can't put back together to look for it, but the screen replacement will require pretty thorough dissection.

Point me to where it's supposed to be, and I'll take some pics.
    if there's one, probably along with the sensors, on the highlighted area:

nokia-lumia-930-parts-06.jpg
    xandros9 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    06-23-2015 09:04 PM
    They don't sell it in Canada and I am not sure I want to pay for another piece of hardware. My old N8 used to do it.

Btw - what do you use the band for? How are you finding using a smart watch? I am interested in getting one, but waiting for gen 2

Thanks,

Mr. V

Get a MS Band
    06-23-2015 10:45 PM
    Does your 1520 have ghost taps??
    It has tap-to-wake.
    06-24-2015 07:18 AM
    I took the board from the 930 and put it into an Icon screen (the screen was dead, so I wanted to test it to make sure it worked prior to buying a new 930 screen).

I can tell you there's nothing but a hole where the sensor is on the screen, so if there is anything, I suppose it's on the board. I will check Saturday when the new screen comes in, because I want to take it apart it anymore than necessary. I'll post some pics either way then.
    P1ng0fDeath likes this.
    06-24-2015 08:14 AM
    It has tap-to-wake.
    By "ghost taps" I mean, when using your device does it register touches on its own? As in while using the device will it randomly select things & scroll by itself
    06-24-2015 08:39 AM
    They don't sell it in Canada and I am not sure I want to pay for another piece of hardware. My old N8 used to do it.

Btw - what do you use the band for? How are you finding using a smart watch? I am interested in getting one, but waiting for gen 2

Thanks,

Mr. V
    I wear mine all day, every day, except for showering and charging. I have "watch mode" enabled and use it for my watch and fitness band.

I use it for notifications for everything but email. It is very handy to leave my phone in the other room and when a text comes in, just look at my Band, and even respond via my Band if I feel like it. Now that summer is full on, I will be turning on the UV tile and using it while I'm outside. I'm curious to see how well it works. I use it when I exercise and like the minimum impact the size of it offers.

I clean mine regularly and it has been holding up just fine.

There is no guarantee there will be a gen 2.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. I use mine with an Icon and my wife uses hers with an iPhone 5c.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    06-24-2015 12:28 PM
    Some people and their Stubbornness .
    The 930 and the 73x do indeed have notification LEDs in them. It is relatively cheaper than including an OLED screen with high display memory.
    Prove it. Simple thing.
    06-24-2015 12:34 PM
    I wear mine all day, every day, except for showering and charging. I have "watch mode" enabled and use it for my watch and fitness band.

I use it for notifications for everything but email. It is very handy to leave my phone in the other room and when a text comes in, just look at my Band, and even respond via my Band if I feel like it. Now that summer is full on, I will be turning on the UV tile and using it while I'm outside. I'm curious to see how well it works. I use it when I exercise and like the minimum impact the size of it offers.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. I use mine with an Icon and my wife uses hers with an iPhone 5c.
    I think Windows Central just posted an article recently stating how MS says they are working on Gen 2
    06-24-2015 12:52 PM
    I think Windows Central just posted an article recently stating how MS says they are working on Gen 2
    It doesn't make any sense for Microsoft to not release a second Band. The first Band's sole purpose (and the reason behind the severely staggered release) was to collect user feedback and gauge market interest. A second Band is almost guaranteed in my opinion, as Microsoft has most definitely received lots of feedback and from what I've seen the Band has been received rather well even with the staggered release cycle.
    Additionally, Microsoft has taken the opportunity and used the first generation Band to polish the software and add new features. That way when an improved, more widely released second generation Band is released, it'll come ready with polished, feature filled, intuitive software.
    These are all my opinions, but I think it's logical.
    Muessig and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2015 03:41 PM
    It doesn't make any sense for Microsoft to not release a second Band. The first Band's sole purpose (and the reason behind the severely staggered release) was to collect user feedback and gauge market interest. A second Band is almost guaranteed in my opinion, as Microsoft has most definitely received lots of feedback and from what I've seen the Band has been received rather well even with the staggered release cycle.
    Additionally, Microsoft has taken the opportunity and used the first generation Band to polish the software and add new features. That way when an improved, more widely released second generation Band is released, it'll come ready with polished, feature filled, intuitive software.
    These are all my opinions, but I think it's logical.
    I completely agree

But alongside the things you mentioned, I would very much like to see some aesthetic improvements...

The MS band is much like the original Surface Pro, a black clunky chunk of tech.... Does this mean that we'll have to wait til Gen 3 to get a beautiful MS band that actually fulfills its every purpose?
    06-24-2015 05:15 PM
    Prove it. Simple thing.
    735: Lumia 735 has a secret notification LED (pictures) - WMPoweruser
    bo_woods and arjunan like this.
    06-24-2015 05:45 PM
    I'll know more this weekend, but a couple of things I do know about the 930 compared to that article about the 735: the vibrator flex is on its own, does not look like that, and is too far away to have it; I really do not think it is on the headphone flex either, because there's nothing to that piece.

So, if it is in the 930, I am thinking it would have to be integral to the board near the proximity sensor. I have opened a few of these, and a whole bunch of Icons, and never noticed it, but I've never looked for it either. We'll see on Fri or Sat.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    06-24-2015 09:36 PM
    There is hope?

I'm not saying that the 930 does or doesn't have an LED in it, but really the argument is meaningless, as at the end of the day, if there is one, it currently doesn't do anything

So it doesn't matter
    06-24-2015 10:04 PM
    Thanks for that info!

Can you retrieve all the info? Can you share it with your doctor?

I am interested in the 24 hour monitoring.

Can you answer a txt from it? Cortana useful?

Waterproof would be great because I am going to forget it when going into the shower...

Fingers crossed for Gen 2!

06-24-2015 10:07 PM
78 1234