Notification light?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hell yeah ! Hope it can had variable colors to set. (ex. outlook blue, call red etc)

But isnt thats only comunity ? Not official statement from MS ?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20150627_0006.jpg
Here is SS from my 930 with 10149. In Notifications, Store shows LED. I hope that it will work in next build. Btw., unable to go deeper in menu, I can just turn it off.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hope this is true. Is that answer official? I know it say Microsoft Answers. But I thought there would be some official spec or announcement.

But why would they have disabled it in the first place?

Better late than never...sounds like good news!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Here's pics from the 930 repair I just finished. The first one is the board, in the area in question. I do not know if the gold thing is an LED or not. It lines up with a hole to the far right of the speaker mesh. The second pic shows the glass with the speaker mesh removed, so you can see where there are holes in it. The last pic shows the inside of the assembly - nothing of note there.

Hope this helps someone decide.

WP_20150628_21_26_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20150628_21_27_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20150628_21_20_53_Pro.jpg

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hope this is true. Is that answer official? I know it say Microsoft Answers. But I thought there would be some official spec or announcement.

But why would they have disabled it in the first place?

Better late than never...sounds like good news!

i don't they disabled it, i think it's more like they never invested time on developing it (until recently). It seems to me they just put the light in place and just now are programming the OS to work with it.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Here's pics from the 930 repair I just finished. The first one is the board, in the area in question. I do not know if the gold thing is an LED or not. It lines up with a hole to the far right of the speaker mesh. The second pic shows the glass with the speaker mesh removed, so you can see where there are holes in it. The last pic shows the inside of the assembly - nothing of note there.

Hope this helps someone decide.

thank you for you time doing this. Too bad i'm not a phone hardware expert :straight: but i'm sure someone here can analyze it and share their thoughts on this.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Can't find LED in 930.

930 board.jpg
The gold plated rectangle is part of the quad array mic (two front, two rear).
The one next to it are the ALS and proximity sensors.

Capture.PNG

There is a separate board which holds the SIM card, but even on that board it doesn't seem to have an LED module. (Closer pics here)
930 sim.jpg

In 73x the LED module is on a ribbon flex cable.
735 led.jpg

I hope they actually make the Windows logo as the LED indicator in other phones.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Travis - I agree that's what I looks like inside. In spite of the one website, I couldn't find an LED in there.

I am really skeptic about that one website tho. Sure it's got Microsoft written all over it, but it looks like they're just there to help people. Could just be a minor misinformation, can't rely with that one source really. Either that LED is non-existent, or it's hidden somewhere else in the phone, or they're referring to the Windows home button as the LED.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
This is the Reason i purchased the additional Wireless Charger "Model DT-903" , for its Notification Features.
If you miss the blinking Led light youll maybe Curse this thing if you get a notification at night on full brightness :) i love the Green glow microsoft-dt-903-review.jpg

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
you can get the windows home button to illuminate independently of the back and search led's in a few lumias when connected to a pc in testmode so surely that can be activated in future firmwares as a blink notification without all 3 blinking

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!!!

Really appreciate what you did here!

I am still can't tell. Is that gold thing covered by the phone frame? i.e could you see it through the glass?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a mic. It lines up with a small hole to the right side of the ear piece mesh. That is why I took a pic of the glass only. There's 3 holes on the glass - the brass piece, the proximity sensor, then the camera (left to right).

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
So I guess there is no notification light....:crying:

I think it's a mic. It lines up with a small hole to the right side of the ear piece mesh. That is why I took a pic of the glass only. There's 3 holes on the glass - the brass piece, the proximity sensor, then the camera (left to right).

Last edited:

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a 930 and really miss having glance on my 920, used to waste soo much battery turning the screen on to check (phone is always on silent when in the office so miss notifications if I'm not at my desk).

Just got a band 1 for ?80 though and it's perfect replacement, despite being constantly connected via bluetooth I'm saving even more battery by not checking my phone every 10 mins, plus I can read messages and reply (I reply to whatsapp's via my browser).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo