Best place to buy a lumia 930 if you want a recent build/batch handset?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Could be a stupid question, but anyone know the best way of ensuring/maximizing the chance that a lumia 930 that is bought on the internet is going to be one that is from a recent batch? I.e. newly built? Figured it might be sensible given the issues/QC problems some people have been having.

Should I wait for stock on the Microsoft Store?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if we can really answer that question.

How about you buy from a shop with a good return policy? That's probably best in this case.

Ste Wilkins1

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My 930 was built in Feb of this year, it still has problems ie with the headphone jack that completely failed after a week, rather than return it I've ordered a new headphone jack off the net and going to repair it myself because i don't want to risk sending it to France for repair as that where i bought it from, and having to wait weeks for it to be returned or being lost in transit, when i can do this repair myself within 20 mins.

Other than the headphone jack on mine rest of it pretty solid ie screen is perfect & no overheating ect, but the headphone jack is one of the main problems on the 930 & other Lumia's for that matter regardless as to when it was built.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Got mine issue free from user "never msrp" on ebay, hardware revision is 2.0.0.3 and manufacture date is Feb 2015.

No noticeable issues so far but I don't think it's a batch issue either, just poor quality contra

As Xandros09 said, check for a good return policy and be careful since I have seen some selling them as "no warranty" items (on amazon for instance).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss