Focus Setting for Indoor Concerts

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everybody, I just recorded some song videos at an 11,000 seat indoor rock concert with my new 930 (running the latest version of 8.1, Denim & Lumia Camera). Of course, the background was dark with bright lights flashing on/off. The camera did great in general, but the focus went from very clear to very grainy, back to very clear, etc. All of my video settings were on "Auto". My two questions are:

1) Is there a better and more stable focus setting than "Auto" for indoor concerts?

2) Am I supposed to use "tap to focus" along with auto focus? Or is it only supposed to be used with manual focus settings?

Thank you!

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you.

You can see what I am referring to in the song below. The focus starts off good, then becomes blurry until Time 3:04, and then improves for the rest of the song.

Since I record each song individually as a separate video, will I need to keep resetting the manual focus to infinity for each song, or is there a way to save that focus setting in camera memory?Thank you again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkjgv_eXYeM

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, but I am already using Lumia Camera, Denim and 8.1. Are you referring to something different? Perhaps my version already saves the manual settings. I don't know, since I was using auto setting.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
theres link to marketplace, what other you want ?

"Since I record each song individually as a separate video, will I need to keep resetting the manual focus to infinity for each song, or is there a way to save that focus setting in camera memory?"

In that Camera Beta when you set infinity focus a close app and then reopen it will be saved. On normal lumia camera and lumia camera classic doesnt.

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. Since it is called "Lumia Camera Beta" and I already have Lumia Camera 5, I thought Beta was an earlier version than 5, not a later version. Normally the word "Beta" is used for a very early version.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The word camera gets confused in WP land as there are lots of versions of the stock camera with different names!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 830 did the same thing when I took it to to an EDM outdoor festival.
I remember doing another video and there was so much lighting that it made the capture grainy...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2