Some new issues with my Lumia 930

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Its been 3 months when I got a replaced Lumia 930 from the service center. Now I have started 2 major issues.

1) Microphone Issue: In the call when I set in speaker mode, the other person is unable to hear anything. His voice is loud and clear. However this issue isn't there when the call is in normal mode. Earlier it was so good that even if I place the device more than 3 feed away, the other person was able to hear me. But now even when I bring it near my mouth, the other person is unable to hear anything.

2) Battery Drain: There are 3 occasions when I found that battery was more than 50% charged in the night, but next day the device was off because the battery was completely drained. It doesn't show in battery saver that which application suddenly drained the batter. Could it be because of CPU overheating issue?

If anyone in this forum has faced a similar issue, can you tell me a solution to this?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
1. bad microphone - HW problem. I have broken 3 and 4 mic, so I take it soon to RMA.
You can check this in test-mode in Nokia Care Suite.

Black icon

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, have u solved the mics problem? Kindly let us know because my 930 the same issue and really troubles me while making calls and music detection.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue, u are welcome.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, have u solved the mics problem? Kindly let us know because my 930 the same issue and really troubles me while making calls and music detection.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue, u are welcome.

I think, I will show it in service center this weekend. I tried soft reset, but that didn't help

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
music detection SW (like shazaam etc) and calling on loudspeaker - if thats fail, try in test mode in Nokia Care Suite - theres 4 mics can be testet separetly. On my L930 Mic 3 and 4 is not working, so i send it to RMA.

Its HW defect a only solution is microphone get replaced.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
music detection SW (like shazaam etc) and calling on loudspeaker - if thats fail, try in test mode in Nokia Care Suite - theres 4 mics can be testet separetly. On my L930 Mic 3 and 4 is not working, so i send it to RMA.

Its HW defect a only solution is microphone get replaced.

Can you provide me the steps to use Nokia test mode Care Suit to test all the 4 Mics?

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Download NCS 5.4.119.1432 (LINK) + UserGroupsConfiguration.cfg (LINK)

Copy that .cfg to install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5)

Launch product support tool - connect phone - it will be recognized, then on left panel says Normal Mode - switch it to TestMode.
Then you can test whatever you want. After that switch it back to normal mode.

author can not be held responsible for any damage to any of your devices after applying the following.

phegedus

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I scare too to give my phone to the care. (Heard a lot of bad stories about them in my country) But I have to. And maybe I'll tell them that my phone's battery is draining fast, and the speaker is making that little noise sometimes. But I want to ask for a help from you guys: my backup processing always giving me an error before the finis (usually at 97-98%). If I give it to the care, they are not going to make a backup, what should I do?
Thank you for your replies!

Senthil Perumal

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Even I have the same problem. Recently found that when I put the phone on speaker, the mic doesn't work (i.e other person could not hear my voice) but it works fine in normal mode. I think this is a software issue. Not sure whether this gets fixed in Win 10.

sstiwari

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There are two hardware design issues with Lumia 930.

1. The two mics on the rear fail after sometime due to grounding/shorting issue. Even after mic replacement it fails after sometime.
2. The screen flickering on 2G / EDGE connection again is a design issue due to improper shielding of 2G Radio.

Nothing can be done about these issues, just learn to live with them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3