Battery not charging - Lumia 930

TitanSound

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

My Lumia 930 has recently been having some trouble charging.

At first, it just wouldn't move past 10% charge. Then whilst charging and using it, it died totally. I left it plugged in and the windows icon was blinking for a while then it turned on. After discharging the battery a couple more times it started to charge properly.

However, yesterday it totally died. I left it on charge all night and no joy this morning. I brought it to work where I have a spare charger and still nothing, it's just been blinking for the last hour.

I'm guessing it's fritzed? :unhappy:

​Cheers

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Huh, the blinking start button is to indicate the phone is receiving power but doesn't have enough to start up. Did the blinking start when you used the spare?

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Just an FYI, discharging battery completely isn't good for battery at all, at least Li-Ion batteries. People should actually educate themselves on this. Li-Ion is not NiMh or NiCd. There's no memory effect.

Don't drain your battery completely. There's a reason they put battery saver with "below 20%" option. Charge it around 20-30%.

Same thing with great advices from "pro's" that tell you to drain your battery completely a couple of times when you get your new phone because you have to "format" your battery.

If you did all of that, well, good luck.

TitanSound

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI, discharging battery completely isn't good for battery at all, at least Li-Ion batteries. People should actually educate themselves on this. Li-Ion is not NiMh or NiCd. There's no memory effect.

Don't drain your battery completely. There's a reason they put battery saver with "below 20%" option. Charge it around 20-30%.

Same thing with great advices from "pro's" that tell you to drain your battery completely a couple of times when you get your new phone because you have to "format" your battery.

If you did all of that, well, good luck.

It discharged of it's own accord, rather than me doing it on purpose. I was travelling at the time so didn't have access to a plug socket for more than a couple of hours.

Luckily though, after being plugged in for nearly two days, it has now started to work again. The windows icon would blink whenever I plugged it into a charger, but then stop, then start again. So I thought it was a defective battery. But after being on charge all of yesterday, last night and this morning, it has sprung back to life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb