Brought a Lumia 930. Can someone please suggest the best apps?

Lumia_930

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Brought a Lumia 930. Please suggest best apps

I recently brought a new Lumia 930 and was wondering which are the best apps that I can keep in my new device, Also please advice on how to keep device functioning smoothly.

What are the best camera settings to take great quality pictures via Lumia camera

Thanks

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Brought a Lumia 930. Please suggest best apps

What are the best camera settings to take great quality pictures via Lumia camera

- this depends on when / what you shooting - play with it and you find it yourself. Theres no "general" best setting. (aside of select JPEG+DNG)

I recently brought a new Lumia 930 and was wondering which are the best apps that I can keep in my new device, Also please advice on how to keep device functioning smoothly. - install apps what you need. For music player I really like ZBOX.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I would advise you to check out apps by Perfect Thumb developer :)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Install Windows Central now, or your phone will self destruct....

On a serious note.. I have these apps, that i find indispensable ...
Refocus
Fantasia Painter
File Attacher
Core Player
Telegram
Tapatalk
AAWP
Ringtone Maker
Hyperlapse for mobile

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Install Windows Central now, or your phone will self destruct....

On a serious note.. I have these apps, that i find indispensable ...
Refocus
Fantasia Painter
File Attacher
Core Player
Telegram
Tapatalk
AAWP
Ringtone Maker
Hyperlapse for mobile

You should take him seriously.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I recently brought a new Lumia 930 and was wondering which are the best apps that I can keep in my new device, Also please advice on how to keep device functioning smoothly.

Thanks

Great!
For the best camera setting, please go to the internet and learn about the following terms: ISO, shutter speed, white balance, f number, and contrast. Or just let auto mode does the hard work if photography is not your thing.

To keep the device running smoothly, this is really important to remember, because you have to do, nothing. Just use it the way you like it, maintenance-free.

As for apps... one doesn't simply looking for apps in WP. Also it depends on your personal needs.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget to do OneDrive backup for your settings and files... and set your phone contacts, calenders etc sync to your Outlook account... It'll save you a lot of time and hurt one day, believe me !!

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
my must have app is "Handy safe" ive been using it since N70 so its database has grown some ,carnt really manage without it sure they'll be other similar free softwares but thats my o
personal preference just one superdooper PW to guard everything else :)

Ron Vin

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
You bought a Lumia 930 exactly one year after I bought one. Regrets? Plenty. Now that Microsoft decides to ditch the windows phone it is really painful to think I didn't go for a top android device for the money. I hate Google and the whole look at me i`m the cool kid on the block approach thats why I decided on this phone. The hardware is top notch. All I wait now is Microsoft offering a Cyanogenmod alternative to install instead of Windows Phone 10. Crap! Until then I recommend Lumia collection, Here collection, One Note, Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, Microsoft Camera for the freaking bing lenses which is not available from Cortana`s main page of course. Oh and if you want cool Cortana services don`t forget to switch to US english and region. Voice recorder if you don't like OneNote quality, of course some time killing games like Candy and similar. Freda and Bookviser for reading books, DI.fm for electronic radio stations, Flickr central for obvious reasons and UC browser for an alternative. Wish you all the best and enjoy your amazing Nokia screwed by Microsoft.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
If you ever have to scan documents, get Office Lens. It has an OCR that will convert them to text for you. Here's a list of apps I have (actually, I have a ton, but these are the ones I use most)

#music downloader
3D Chess
Accuweather
Adobe Photoshop Express
Asphalt 8
Backgammon Pro
Bible
Circle Stopwatch
Constitution of the US
Contacts Backup
Doodle Buddy
Flashlight
Hotels.com
Hyperlapse
Level
LinkedIn
Lumia Panorama
Maestro (gmail app)
MemeGenerator
Mini Golf Club
Office Lens
QR Code Reader
Scientific Calculator
Sygic GPS Navigation
Trivia Crack
Twitter
UnZip
Viber
Vine
WatchESPN
Weather Channel
Windows Central

Those are just the ones I use the most, which is probably a 1/3 of what all is on there. I pretty much download every app that WP Central cites in the weekly features articles as well, so there's more on my phone that I don't use too much.

When I see "free", but usually has a charge, I do it immediately, and figure out later if I need it or not.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You bought a Lumia 930 exactly one year after I bought one. Regrets? Plenty. Now that Microsoft decides to ditch the windows phone it is really painful to think I didn't go for a top android device for the money. I hate Google and the whole look at me i`m the cool kid on the block approach thats why I decided on this phone. The hardware is top notch. All I wait now is Microsoft offering a Cyanogenmod alternative to install instead of Windows Phone 10. Crap! Until then I recommend Lumia collection, Here collection, One Note, Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, Microsoft Camera for the freaking bing lenses which is not available from Cortana`s main page of course. Oh and if you want cool Cortana services don`t forget to switch to US english and region. Voice recorder if you don't like OneNote quality, of course some time killing games like Candy and similar. Freda and Bookviser for reading books, DI.fm for electronic radio stations, Flickr central for obvious reasons and UC browser for an alternative. Wish you all the best and enjoy your amazing Nokia screwed by Microsoft.

Microsoft is ditching Windows Phone? Where did you get that from?

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

- this depends on when / what you shooting - play with it and you find it yourself. Theres no "general" best setting. (aside of select JPEG+DNG)

I recently brought a new Lumia 930 and was wondering which are the best apps that I can keep in my new device, Also please advice on how to keep device functioning smoothly. - install apps what you need. For music player I really like ZBOX.

If someone is asking about "best camera settings" then for sure it is not photo-power-user so telling him to set "JPG+DNG" serves nothing... The only thing I would suggest is : use auto settings. They are over 90% OK.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Crash Dive Pro - submarine warfare at its best. It is by far the best $6-$7 I have spent on any game application.

Here are some shots..

wp_ss_20150715_0007.jpgwp_ss_20150715_0005.jpgwp_ss_20150715_0004.jpgwp_ss_20150715_0002.jpgwp_ss_20150715_0001.jpg

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

5-Posts and knows it all - whattafuggintroll...

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If you ever have to scan documents, get Office Lens. It has an OCR that will convert them to text for you. Here's a list of apps I have (actually, I have a ton, but these are the ones I use most)

#music downloader
3D Chess
Accuweather
Adobe Photoshop Express
Asphalt 8
Backgammon Pro
Bible
Circle Stopwatch
Constitution of the US
Contacts Backup
Doodle Buddy
Flashlight
Hotels.com
Hyperlapse
Level
LinkedIn
Lumia Panorama
Maestro (gmail app)
MemeGenerator
Mini Golf Club
Office Lens
QR Code Reader
Scientific Calculator
Sygic GPS Navigation
Trivia Crack
Twitter
UnZip
Viber
Vine
WatchESPN
Weather Channel
Windows Central

Those are just the ones I use the most, which is probably a 1/3 of what all is on there. I pretty much download every app that WP Central cites in the weekly features articles as well, so there's more on my phone that I don't use too much.

When I see "free", but usually has a charge, I do it immediately, and figure out later if I need it or not.

Office lens has ocr? How do i get that working?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Office lens has ocr? How do i get that working?

Just take a picture, then you can save the item to a word file. It makes some mistakes, but it is pretty good overall. I've used it convert some hardcopy items while out, then email the doc to myself to work on.

You select document mode by pressing the little scanner icon the upper right corner on the camera screen.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft is not "ditching" the Windows Phone. It will be around for years. I promise : )

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Apps I love on my 1020:
#1 Toolkit
Black (B&W photo editor)
Casts (podcasts)
Converge (The Verge client, among others)
Discovery News
EBay
MixRadio
Mod Tuner Pro (for tuning instruments)
My Study Life
MyTube! (best YouTube client ever)
Office Lens
OneMusic/Zbox (favorite music players)
Poki for Pocket (a REALLY good Get Pocket client)
Recipes by Great British Chefs
Stop+Clear (for removing the music controls)
Yodel (favorite YikYak client)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99