Should I go for a a Lumia 930 ?

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow sorry i forgot about my phone (too interested in my phone haha)

So yeah, plugged it in, charged it and set it up to update through 8.1 with denim (from the little i used it on 8.1 it was much smoother than my 925), the got 10166 on it, factory reset to then start from fresh with my backed up 925 data, working much better than on the 925, obviously still something to get sorted, the battery lasted at least 24h and this was with all the installing going on, but i can't wait for the next build !

Only problem at the moment is that i'm having trouble with my microsoft account not signing in which means i'm having trouble updating apps and its not getting my photos from onedrive ... But i've found another thread talking about that !

One thing is though on 10: no "Hey Cortana", well i cant find it
and i'm not sure of how all the fancy new camera things work: best mode ? and what's with multiple shot thing that then auto chooses the best frame ?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow sorry i forgot about my phone (too interested in my phone haha)

So yeah, plugged it in, charged it and set it up to update through 8.1 with denim (from the little i used it on 8.1 it was much smoother than my 925), the got 10166 on it, factory reset to then start from fresh with my backed up 925 data, working much better than on the 925, obviously still something to get sorted, the battery lasted at least 24h and this was with all the installing going on, but i can't wait for the next build !

Only problem at the moment is that i'm having trouble with my microsoft account not signing in which means i'm having trouble updating apps and its not getting my photos from onedrive ... But i've found another thread talking about that !

One thing is though on 10: no "Hey Cortana", well i cant find it
and i'm not sure of how all the fancy new camera things work: best mode ? and what's with multiple shot thing that then auto chooses the best frame ?
Any luck getting the Microsoft account issue cleared up?
I hate that "hey Cortana" isn't enabled for W10TP yet. Hopefully this coming week.

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
No luck ! I'm going to have to resort to a hard reset unfortunately :(

What i will do this time round is change the device name and add my school 365 account once everything is installed ...

Do you think a new build will come this week ?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It's an amazing phone. But the timing is the most critical thing here, should you but our wait for the 940/950.

If you can sell the 930 go for it.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
No luck ! I'm going to have to resort to a hard reset unfortunately :(

What i will do this time round is change the device name and add my school 365 account once everything is installed ...

Do you think a new build will come this week ?
Good luck with the hard reset. Re: New build this week...sure hope so

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's an amazing phone. But the timing is the most critical thing here, should you but our wait for the 940/950.

If you can sell the 930 go for it.

Right, so sell the 930 they JUST BOUGHT to wait for a new phone that is likely to have more bugs than a bait store!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05