Proximity sensor problem

mslek

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Using Lumia 930 and started having problems with the proximity sensor (at least I think so) after first time installing a Windows 10 Preview Build and restoring to Windows Phone 8.1.

The problem is that when I start a call, after I press the Call button, the screen goes blank like I have put the phone on my ear. I have to put my finger on the proximity sensor for a second for the screen to come back on and use it normally.

Now I am using the latest Windows 10 build and the problem is still there.

Did anyone else had this problem. Is it software or hardware issue and is there I fix ?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would also add that some people have reported removing screen protectors and/or any case you are using can sometimes resolve the issue as well.

jirkahtc

Banned
Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is possible in Nokia care suite in the test mode.
I myself have done it on more phones - even with the model 930 it was possible - and no problem with that.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is that even possible, I didn't think it could do that.

In one of the links in my above post it's kind of explained how to do it.
But if it is due to a case / screen protector / or lifting display corner calibration is "not" going to solve it.

mslek

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its because I am using Windows 10 Mobile, but when I try to get in test mode I get this error

Test mode package for RM-1045, is missing,
please download correct test mode package to your data package location.

Anybody know how to get this package ?

mslek

May 30, 2013
Visit site
This definitely it is not a software issue. When I press the screen anywhere on the upper part, the screens starts working fine. Anybody know if installing the Windows 10 Mobile preview voids the warranty ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss