I bought Lumia 930 two weeks ago and I was quite satisfied with its camera at first. That was before I updated it to Lumia Denim which made its front camera SO MUCH WORSE - overprocessed photos, offed white balance, etc.

I'm considering reverting back to Lumia Cyan through Windows Phone recovery program but I'm afraid that there might be an error while reverting.

Is Microsoft working on the fix for the issue with the front camera on Lumia Denim? Or should I just revert back to the Lumia Cyan?
    08-21-2015 06:29 PM
    Reverting is a huge process, one which the tool doesn't support actually. You'll have to use other tools and download stuff. Also Denim brings changes that empower the back camera (notice that it is way faster than on Cyan) and even faster or comparatively faster than the iPhone now. However if the front cam bugs you so much you can revert if you want to at your own risk.

Or you may try some other apps to see if anything works out to a satisfactory level. You may also Tweet the imaging guru Juha Alaharku (just google or bing search him) but i wont hold my breath that he or they fix it so fast.

All the best and do keep us posted.
    Sameer Parihar likes this.
    08-21-2015 07:04 PM
    Apps/Lenses are another option. You could try ProShot, I think it's a very high quality app, it has a lot of pro features like LC5.
    fjordstrom likes this.
    08-21-2015 07:09 PM
    I totally agree. Haven't had Cyan, so I can't compare, but the front camera is the only disappointing thing of this phone. I'll try other camera apps like Sameer suggested.
    08-23-2015 03:58 AM
    Apps/Lenses are another option. You could try ProShot, I think it's a very high quality app, it has a lot of pro features like LC5.
    Too bad, even using other camera apps (Lumia Camera Classic, ProShot) didn't solve the problem of the overprocessed photos of the front camera. I'm really starting to get annoyed. I wonder if Microsoft even tested how well Lumia Denim camera performs before releasing the firmware.
    fjordstrom likes this.
    08-23-2015 05:53 AM
    Try B612 and your photos would be awesome : ]
    09-17-2015 01:35 AM
    Try B612 and your photos would be awesome : ]
    I think its more of a hardware limitation. Doubt a different app can have a different outcome as we see above.
    10-01-2015 11:29 PM
    I think its more of a hardware limitation. Doubt a different app can have a different outcome as we see above.
    It is a good alternative for now : ]
    10-01-2015 11:34 PM