When is the official Windows 10 release for our phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
They'll probably delay it so that we give up and buy a 950. I can envision my trip to the Microsoft Store which I'll end up upgrading all my stuff... Band 2, Surface Pro 4 and might as well throw in a 950. I should see if they'll give me something for my Band, SP3 and 930.

Last edited:

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Nokia power user .. Stats that win10 is been going under tests by Vodafone Australia on many devices .. Build 10586.11 .. Will be out in this coming weeks

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
last update for 950&950xl made I very clear that Microsoft will be publishing world wide updated at once and if you remember we had a leaked documents some weeks ago which hinted the rollout day for some devices on 16th December and others in February ..... Which means we will have the windows 10 mobile's first wave rolled out on 16 December.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
last update for 950&950xl made I very clear that Microsoft will be publishing world wide updated at once and if you remember we had a leaked documents some weeks ago which hinted the rollout day for some devices on 16th December and others in February ..... Which means we will have the windows 10 mobile's first wave rolled out on 16 December.

As far as I was aware that was only for Orange Poland, not the rest of the world as WP8.1 devices from carriers are still at their mercy until W10M is released for them.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as I was aware that was only for Orange Poland, not the rest of the world as WP8.1 devices from carriers are still at their mercy until W10M is released for them.

Exactly! But since there will no carrier interfering anymore that's why there should be one single global update. Just like even at&t 950&950xl got updated with rest of the world...
So I think the orange Poland update date will be the same as ours.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
And even if my speculation gets wrong then we will get it before the carrier bound devices.
I can say because the carriers test the official updates to further level for their specifics , which requires the official updates to be ready for the unlocked versions .
Since orange Poland is expected to be rolling out the updates on 16 th December to a subset of Lumias, therefore we will have either the same day update or before 16th..

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
And even if my speculation gets wrong then we will get it before the carrier bound devices.
I can say because the carriers test the official updates to further level for their specifics , which requires the official updates to be ready for the unlocked versions .
Since orange Poland is expected to be rolling out the updates on 16 th December to a subset of Lumias, therefore we will have either the same day update or before 16th..

That's just the update schedule for one carrier. As has been stated before, WP8.1 devices are still at the mercy of carriers. This means that carrier branded devices will have different release schedules based on their own testing.

The only WP8.1 devices that are exempt are the country variants or unlocked and unbranded ones.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
What if you have an unbranded 930. Will it still depend on your carrier for an update?

It's got to be coming soon. I just received a "Gadget" App that replaced the Device Hub. I also got a Hey Cortana update as well. So maybe December 16th is the date.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
What if you have an unbranded 930. Will it still depend on your carrier for an update?

It's got to be coming soon. I just received a "Gadget" App that replaced the Device Hub. I also got a Hey Cortana update as well. So maybe December 16th is the date.

I dint see a reason why an unbranded device will depend on carrier so according to my speculation , it has to be at least 16th December..... And at most before Christmas.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site

I don't see a reason why an unbranded device will depend on carrier so according to my speculation , it has to be at least 16th December..... And at most before Christmas.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a reason why an unbranded device will depend on carrier so according to my speculation , it has to be at least 16th December..... And at most before Christmas.

Well, considering the 10586.29 update was pulled for the 950 I don't think we will see W10M tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon