Nokia Lumia 930 - Please Help! Problems & Issues

LumiaRaw

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new here but have had to sign up as thought this would be the best place to resolve my query/queries.

Okay, so I owned a Nokia Lumia 930, which I had for 5 months or so and bought from carphone warehouse, all was good until I dropped it smashed the screen, anyway it was replaced and when I got it back to vibration function was working so it got returned to the repair centre again and they stated that it may not be able to be repaired. Anyway, long story short I decided to cut my problems and invest in a new Lumia 930 from an online retailer listed via the Microsoft website.

It arrived ok however once strange thing I noticed is that the item was made in china! where as my previous Lumia 930 was made in Vietnam! now after living with the new phone I have noticed a few issues, namely to started with the screen has an awful purple hue to it! especially to greys after updating the firmware this has helped alot but isn't perfect still!

The heat runs very hot! which It sort of did on my old one but not this much!

Thirdly, and mainly the camera is awful! it doesn't seem anywhere near as sharp as my old phone, also it creates a strobe like effect when I use the camera outdoors almost like a constant light flicker strobe is auto-detecting the light input to the camera.. I hope this makes sense but I mean like the camera is self-adjusting to the light output, also photos don't seem anywhere near as good or clear as they did on my old one.

My guess is that the china phones aren't as good as the Vietnam ones?! and this is the problem, also I'm guessing the china ones are older in parts/hardware as the Vietnam phone has a later build date?

My questions is, what would you do in this situation and where In the world can I buy an actual Lumia 930 that is identical to the one I used to own? I never had these issues with my previous one, surely all the older stock should have been phased out and retailers should only stock the latest edition?! I'm really gutted now that I had the screen break on my old one else I wouldn't be in this mess! ..Damn phone:(

Thanks, guys any help would be appreciated.

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Both my 1020 and 930 are China-made and very good they are too. I suspect you may simply have a duff specimen....return it for exchange or refund.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon