Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Gone blank/black.dead ?

aqi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

Im a new user over this form and would certainly like some help in Nokia Lumia 930 situation.

I have a white Nokia Lumia 930 which had no issues at all no purple screen and unwanted heat ups and i just love this device though i am iOS, Android and Windows all together user. This is my maiin device and i cant figure out what went wrong.

A few days ago i just drop L930 about 4 feet after that all i see is the bottom 3 buttons illuminating with a screen visibly off. I can still take calls hear rings and vibration is there. Yet the screens seems to be off. I thought it was a broken screen from inside yet there is not a single sign of it. So i decided to disassemble it and see if any connector has gone lose. I opened its back white plate and removed the battery and the plastic black skeleton revealing the screen connector i removed and reconnected it. AND NOTHING HAPPENED STILL THE SAME BLANK OFF SCREEN

there is not even a single crack on the device itself and i cannot figure out whats wrong. Though i did some google and people had there experiences dropping it and screen going black which they fixed from soft volume down and power key combination. idk whats wrong in my case i never reset my phone because L930 never gave such issues. I did pressed the volum down and power until it vibrated and till now nothing happened.

What could be the possible reasons? should i remove the gorilla glass to look for anything with the screen. Still in doubt if i order screen and its the same issue just wondering or flash the L930? i already synced it up with PC so no issues from that scenario as well where i would lose my data.

I am not planned for the L940 because of the cheap design. L930 gives the premium feel of being a Nokia owner.

I would really appreciate some help.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My call is something we can't see being broken, especially since it was directly caused by your gravitational accident.

Although flashing the phone can't hurt.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just use the Windows Device Recovery Tool - there's no point to changing to another region entirely.

I still hold this measure as a sort of hail mary solution that may be futile, but hey, nothing to lose right?

aqi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Just use the Windows Device Recovery Tool - there's no point to changing to another region entirely.

I still hold this measure as a sort of hail mary solution that may be futile, but hey, nothing to lose right?

yup nothing to lose but i would not brick my phone. i can make myself through flashing any phone btw. and i wont hesitate in opening it part to part.

P.S
using windows device recovery tool and reinstalling firmware (Y)

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I think you broke your LCD, which will require a full assembly replacement, and flashing will be a waste of time. I've had a few icons and 930's like this.

aqi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I think you broke your LCD, which will require a full assembly replacement, and flashing will be a waste of time. I've had a few icons and 930's like this.

yup you're right the flashing went through resulting nothing and now i have to dissasemble it and get the screen replaced. Now i need to know where to get it cheap and original. I dont want oem parts ending up in my L930...or should i go for used L930 or even the special edition L930 ?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I usually buy them from etradesuply. I don't know for sure, but I believe they are original lcd, with new digitizers that they sell. They do work well, and look factory (generally, folks get bad ones once in awhile).

If you buy the whole assembly with the frame, it's a pretty easy install. If you decide to do it, post back. There are a few tips and tricks to help you keep from doing any damage inside that I can pass along.

aqi

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
with the frame? like the middle one? on second thoughts i might search out for a dead L930. Iv searched out the ones available (screen+glass) are OEM based.
yet tell me about tips and tricks for sure.
another question iv seen on ebay the middle housing in gold color as well. is it worth buying just for a change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa