hey folks!
    i'm creating this thread hoping to acquire some knowledge about how to make a good recording of a concert - i'm not actually a camera expert... i won't record the entire event, just a song here and there. The concert will take place at night, on a stadium and i won't be very close to the stage. Under this conditions, what settings can i use to maximize the the quality of image and sound alike? How much zoom can i use without ruining it?

i'll use a L930 for this btw.

thanks in advance
    11-13-2015 05:54 PM
    If a modern smartphone camera isn't of a sufficient quality for your video recording needs, I generally recommend a modern camcorder. You can generally get a modern HD camcorder used for a really good price these days.
    P1ng0fDeath likes this.
    11-13-2015 06:28 PM
    If a modern smartphone camera isn't of a sufficient quality for your video recording needs, I generally recommend a modern camcorder. You can generally get a modern HD camcorder used for a really good price these days.
    the concert will take place tomorrow so no time to get one (and no money to be honest ) but thanks anyway!
    11-13-2015 06:32 PM
    I'd make sure to use Lumia Camera 5. It has audio options under the app's video settings to record surround sound etc. Also, be sure to record in 4k. (2160p @30fps)
    P1ng0fDeath likes this.
    11-13-2015 06:48 PM
    Generally speaking, recording songs at concerts is considered bootlegging, and is illegal. It can earn you jail-time if you are caught.

I'd recommend that you just enjoy the concert while you are there, and buy a DVD of it later if one is made. Make sure to buy the artist's CD and support them the legal way.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:00 PM
    I'd make sure to use Lumia Camera 5. It has audio options under the app's video settings to record surround sound etc. Also, be sure to record in 4k. (2160p @30fps)
    my Lumia Camera is v5.0.2.54 - i guess that's Lumia Camera 5? dumb question i know, but until recently there was like 3 versions of this app and it became confusing for me lol
    Ed Boland likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:06 PM
    my Lumia Camera is v5.0.2.54 - i guess that's Lumia Camera 5? dumb question i know, but until recently there was like 3 versions of this app and it became confusing for me lol
    Yes, that's Lumia Camera 5.

And as rhapdog mentioned, it can be illegal in some countries, and/or venues. So just keep that in mind if you're going to record any live performances. Some artists and the supporting venues they're playing at strictly forbid it.

With that said, I've been to many many concerts and live performances where everyone does it... Do yourself a favor. Don't do it! Everyone hates the guy holding his phone up in the air in front of them.. Enjoy the show.. you'll be surprised at what all you miss while you're fiddling around with your phone. You're not going to get all that great footage anyway. Like mentioned above... wait until the DVD/Bluray comes out if you want video.
    rhapdog, P1ng0fDeath and xandros9 like this.
    11-13-2015 08:43 PM
    i never heard of anyone getting in trouble because of this where i live. Only professional equipment is forbidden. It's a song or two to keep to myself and show some friends that are fans too, not the entire thing. And there will be no DVD or streaming.

anyway, this is not the point of the thread, but thanks for the tip.
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-13-2015 09:18 PM