Strange charging message

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I keep my wireless charger next to my desktop and PC but rarely need to use it. I use the wall charger in another room and get a message when I use it:

Phone charging slowly
A charged phone is a happy phone - use the charger and USB cable recommended by your phone manufacturer for faster charging

But it is the charger and USB recommended, and supplied, by the phone manufacturer. I've only had the phone about two weeks so I've just been ignoring the message as it seems to charge up just fine.

Does anyone know why I'm seeing this message? Or care to take a guess? Thanks.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't, no. I couldn't see how this would make a difference. I'm in the UK (230 Volts AC) and it's plugged into a 4-way extension, so I suppose that could alter the amperage or whatever. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it later on.

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Problem solved! I know that speculation has been rife all over the Internet so I'll put you all out of your misery. :)

It turns out that the USB plug wasn't pushed all the way into the charger. It must have been making contact but not fully. I pushed it in and the message no longer appears.

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Problem solved! I know that speculation has been rife all over the Internet so I'll put you all out of your misery. :)

It turns out that the USB plug wasn't pushed all the way into the charger. It must have been making contact but not fully. I pushed it in and the message no longer appears.
lol glad it was a simple no cost fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2