Lumia 930 mic issue.. Does windows 10 mobile installation fix this????

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Most of them are facing this issue in Lumia 930.. Speaker mic does not work... When you record video IT records only in right speaker... Left speaker is very low, it's almost faded off.. This happened only after installing Denim update... Does windows 10 mobile installation fix this???? Is there any changes in firmware in windows 10 mobile version that can solve this?? Help please....

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
This was corrupted due to denim update... I don't want to give to service to change the speakers.. I don't feel good to give to service .. I Don't believe the service center.. .Don't know if Microsoft is aware of this issue... Another issue is the accelerometer does not work properly..... What is Microsoft is doing to fix this.. Are they sitting like ducks.....

Last edited:

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
A hard reset after rolling back to 8.1 has sorted my recording in video and hey cortana, but the mic for handsfree is still broken.

Don't think the generic W10 preview takes into account the 930 having the 4 mics hence it not working. I may have to send mine in for repair for the handsfree mic issue - most people who have this on the 930 forums say it's a harware fault. Seems a very common one.......

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Most of them are facing this issue in Lumia 930.. Speaker mic does not work... When you record video IT records only in right speaker... Left speaker is very low, it's almost faded off.. This happened only after installing Denim update... Does windows 10 mobile installation fix this???? Is there any changes in firmware in windows 10 mobile version that can solve this?? Help please....
1 answer it basically males it worse!

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
A hard reset after rolling back to 8.1 has sorted my recording in video and hey cortana, but the mic for handsfree is still broken.

Don't think the generic W10 preview takes into account the 930 having the 4 mics hence it not working. I may have to send mine in for repair for the handsfree mic issue - most people who have this on the 930 forums say it's a harware fault. Seems a very common one.......
I gave mine for repairs soon after knowing about the video recording also failing in windows 10 mobile. Now I regret sending it because even the care does not know where my phone is. Repair status says it's new and they are waiting for receiving my phone . What happened is the care near me won't fix the 930 so they sent it to Chennai main care centre for repairs and the floods started there a day after they sent my phone and because of really really ill luck i even forgot to put my email id on the job sheet o that I get tracking info.now when i call care to ask about status they just say delivery date is 16dec call then :3 . Well this shows y @venki m is afraid to give his phone to care . :|

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Few years ago i gave my nokia N900 to repair centre and they broke its camera while opening the phone. So i afraid to give my 930 to them. Yes microsoft is aware of this issue. Hope they come up soon with solution.

Sent from mTalk

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Few years ago i gave my nokia N900 to repair centre and they broke its camera while opening the phone. So i afraid to give my 930 to them. Yes microsoft is aware of this issue. Hope they come up soon with solution.

Sent from mTalk
Nd they didn't accept they broke it and repair it for you?

Elyas K

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem with my phone (930). Sadly the warranty ended just a month after the problem started. Took it to service and they said that the motherboard had to be replaced ($240 + 1 month waiting).

I noticed that when I was on WP8.1 if I used Lumia Camera with surround sound recording on, sounds were picked up by whatever mics were still working. Also it only worked if the recording started in landscape, if I started recording video in portrait no sound would be picked up either. I'm guessing the surround sound kicks in while recording in landscape only.

Unfortunately in Windows 10 Mobile they haven't included the surround sound option in Windows Camera so recorded videos have no audio. I'm hoping the option comes soon.

Elyas K

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem with my phone (930). Sadly the warranty ended just a month after the problem started. Took it to service and they said that the motherboard had to be replaced ($240 + 1 month waiting).

I noticed that when I was on WP8.1 if I used Lumia Camera with surround sound recording on, sounds were picked up by whatever mics were still working. Also it only worked if the recording started in landscape, if I started recording video in portrait no sound would be picked up either. I'm guessing the surround sound kicks in while recording in landscape only.

Unfortunately in Windows 10 Mobile they haven't included the surround sound option in Windows Camera so recorded videos have no audio. I'm hoping the option comes soon.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I am also facing the same issue on windows 10 .

Don't worry Microsoft are not capable of fixing it, because they don't have talented people to fix. This issue occurred due to installing denim update... You have to change the mic by giving it to service or use the mobile as is... I wont be giving it to service because I don't trust them. So am using it as is... Don't depend on Microsoft to fix . Because they can't..lol.. The secondary mic will never work....

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Installing W10 preview made it worse in my case. WP8.1 had no speakerphone, but everything else worked. W10M had virtually no audio in anything, including video, which has made W10M not an option for me right now, which stinks because I like being able to shrink the layout in W10M!

onetwright

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and tried as well..same result as before. C'mon, MS! Get the audio recording back to where it was! I can live without all my mics, but can't live without audio in recorded video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre