[problem] slow motion at night or in low light(camera app makes screen flickering plus dim light)

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i'm using L930 with latest W10 build...when i try to capture slow motion at night or in dim light condition....as soon as i press camera button light goes dim and camera start flickering(l mean sensor recieve very low light)...in day it doesn't flicker but still light is dim compare to normal video...

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem with it going darker when i click record don't get flickering though,hav'nt tried it in daylight yet

hmmmm....yesterday i tried in street light, it was flickering...then tried in tube light same...but when i tried in morning(sun light)...light still goes dim but atleast its not flickering and output came out okay..

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
So you're aware of the fact that slow motion video is recorded at lower resolution? It's not a pro grade camera, it's a cellphone. Use slow motion in well lit environments.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
its by design. capturing 240 frames in 1 second limits the capability of the hardware to capture images in full detail and light, as well the artificial lights will flicker at certain frequencies which will clash with the 240fps video capture. even the latest iPhone has this flicker

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
All the people saying the lights flicker in slow motion first check out the ALTERNATING CURRENT basics. The alternating current works in a wave form. The electricity supplied to all your street lighting and everything you use is in AC. The AC current switches its polarity +-+-+-+... multiple times per second,that's your frequency(50hertz) of alternating current. On.off.on.off.on...... So when you capture the video in slow motion that's faster than the frequency of AC waves,it results in so called flicker in your videos. But this is not the case in your DC current light sources(there is no wave).

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
hmmmm....yesterday i tried in street light, it was flickering...then tried in tube light same...but when i tried in morning(sun light)...light still goes dim but atleast its not flickering and output came out okay..

The sun's light output is not due to ALTERNATING CURRENT. Basic science101.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb