Should I update now?

76keith

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
If I was to update my 930 from WP8.1 to W10M through Insider (fast ring) and then opted out after updating, would I get the normal non-insider updates coming through or nothing at all until I opt back in again to the Insider program? Also, will updating to W10M delete anything from my phone?

Or is it best to just sit and wait for the official W10M release? Your guess as to when this will be is as good as mine!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You'll get any update that goes through the optical channels, which could be nothing for awhile, depending on what build you have installed.

I'm thinking 10586.29 is going to be the official release of Windows 10 Mobile that'll start going out soon, so if you have that installed, you're set. If not, then you'll get it in either the insider program (if you go back into it) or the official channel. However, you may also receive a firmware update when it officially releases too, because those don't go through the Insider pipeline, only the official one.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
If it's your daily driver better sit and wait. I'd rather have something stable on my 930 than to risk running into WIP issues on W10 insider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3