930 still worth buying?

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I found a brand new 930 sale online around $270. I was wondering if it still worth getting? How about the Windows 10 Mobile experience on the device? Browsing experience?

I have a Lumia 720 so I'm planning to buy or should I wait for new models next year. I can't buy the 950, too expensive.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any phone can be worth buying at the right price.

The 930 is a solid phone.

That sounds like a meh price, but more than what I'd pay for it.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Any phone can be worth buying at the right price.

The 930 is a solid phone.

That sounds like a meh price, but more than what I'd pay for it.

Yeah, lumia phones hardly lower their price in my country and are still expensive even the old models. So that's actually kind of a sale here. How much did you pay for your 930?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, lumia phones hardly lower their price in my country and are still expensive even the old models. So that's actually kind of a sale here. How much did you pay for your 930?

Oh I don't own one. I've handled the US version (Icon) before and owned the 830 a few months ago. (it set me back a bit less than $200USD.)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I bought my 930 for 280 ? (305$) about 9 month ago. (bought it second hand). The before owner played 550? (601$) when he bought is 3 months before he sold it to me.
At the moment a new 930 is about 400? (437$). This is in the Netherlands.
So the 270 $ for a new one is not that bad.

If you coming from a 720 the 930 will be a considerable "upgrade" but a 830 also will be an upgrade.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 930 for 280 € (305$) about 9 month ago. (bought it second hand). The before owner played 550€ (601$) when he bought is 3 months before he sold it to me.
At the moment a new 930 is about 400€ (437$). This is in the Netherlands.
So the 270 $ for a new one is not that bad.

If you coming from a 720 the 930 will be a considerable "upgrade" but a 830 also will be an upgrade.

Yeah, it will definitely be an upgrade. 830 looks great and it has expandable storage and removable battery. But the processor is a letdown only Snapdragon 400 and 1 GB RAM.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what are you expecting to do with it. I don't game at all on my 930 and would probably be happy with 830's performance on a day to day basis.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what are you expecting to do with it. I don't game at all on my 930 and would probably be happy with 830's performance on a day to day basis.

I'm gonna use it for taking pictures and videos and mostly browsing. That's why I chose the 930. I also choose it because of the higher spec than the 830 or any of the current mid range Lumias to be future-proof for at least 1 year or 2 years max.

Major Hawk

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Though it's past its prime, it can still give a lot of android phones a run for their money....the camera, the screen, the lag free experience.....i would say for that money, it's a steal.

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought second had my 930 for 250 euros (about 350 dollars) in Greece at the moment i bought it costed 350 euros new but the guy that was selling it had it for few weeks and it was perfect condition.The crazy thing here now is that 930 costs 500 euros and 950 ,600 euros !!!

But to anwser your question after almost one month of use its a very good phone with very good specs and built quility.Its a almost 1.5-2 years old phone and it shouts 4k ,slow motion has solid built and runs smoth on windows 10 and even smother on 8.1.

So would buy it if i was you of course if i could find it in a good price which is easy now that MS phones are disliked a bit,at least here in Greece.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...I say go for it. Their averaging $267 used on Swappa right now. In fact I just picked up a mint condition special edition (blk and gold) from that site for #230 ☺ Not sure about eBay.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I finally received my 930. Working great so far and I don't seem to have the mic problem that others have here. I'll stick with 8.1 Denim for now, will wait for the official release of Windows 10 for 930. By the way, I also got a free Otterbox defender case.

Thanks everyone.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I finally received my 930. Working great so far and I don't seem to have the mic problem that others have here. I'll stick with 8.1 Denim for now, will wait for the official release of Windows 10 for 930. By the way, I also got a free Otterbox defender case.

Thanks everyone.

I got mine really enjoy it. I still love my 1520 (which I'll probably sell) but is really nice to be able to use the phone with one hand again.

How is your signal strength? And what mic problem exactly? I an issue with mine (speaker phone mic won't work...so I cant use hey Cortana...sucks).

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Signal strength is fine like any other phone. Others have problem with their mic, but there were like 2 times that there was no sound when I recorded a video. Hey Cortana, works fine for me I sometimes do it like a meter away.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Signal strength is fine like any other phone. Others have problem with their mic, but there were like 2 times that there was no sound when I recorded a video. Hey Cortana, works fine for me I sometimes do it like a meter away.

Are u n US? The 930 doesn't get LTE here...that's why I asked about the signal strength. Mine is pretty good...but I was just wondering. If ur in EU or UK then u should get LTE speeds.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Are u n US? The 930 doesn't get LTE here...that's why I asked about the signal strength. Mine is pretty good...but I was just wondering. If ur in EU or UK then u should get LTE speeds.

Oh I haven't use mobile data yet. I don't have signal for mobile data even 3G as I don't live in the city so I always use WiFi. I'm from the Philippines so LTE is only available in the city. I spook too soon with the mic problem though as I also have it, they can't hear me when I use speaker when calling and no sound is recorded when using an app like Perfect Recording. Damn it!

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Great phone on 8.1, superb photos, speed, battery life is OK lasts me a day fine, solid build, hey cortana is great, app launching is fast and responsive, the screen is far better than many other smartphones ive used, and its also very responsive, even more so than my old Iphone 6.

Shkupjani

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Why not!

According to a review/comparison Microsoft Lumia 950 i slightly faster than Nokia Lumia 930
Go to youtube and search for Lumia 930 vs 950... sorry I can't post a link because of site policy ;) I need 4 more counts
[An error has occurred Shkupjani! You must have 10 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 4.]

Except the Processor, RAM memory, front camera, iris scanner and the high price differnce, I don't see any other difference.

mvdbosch90

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 930 roughly 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it. I had an iPhone 5s before, worked very good and stable, but I found it becoming a little boring. I wanted to try Windows Phone (again) and have a phone that takes better pictures. Even though it came out over 1,5 years ago, the 930 can easily compete with current flagships... The screen is amazing, the camera is really good, and especially with Windows 10, the Windows experience is also very satisfying. I went to the shop last week to do a hands on comparison with the 950, and the differences are minimal. If you really have the money, the 950 will probably last longer with its faster chipset and it does of course have some new features. If you're on a budget though, get the 930 and you'll be more than happy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99