Issue with mic's on Lumia 930. Recorded sound barely audibly

BTK2912

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
When captured video is played backed the sound is difficult to hear and likewise with voice recorder. The likes of skype and wechat apps cant be used as sound is obviously not picked up. This seems to have only started since the .29 update but I can't be sure. Are there any apps to test hardware to eliminate mics being the culprit or has any one else got this issue also. It would appear to be unique to my L930 as my 830 has no issue with the same build.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
When captured video is played backed the sound is difficult to hear and likewise with voice recorder. The likes of skype and wechat apps cant be used as sound is obviously not picked up. This seems to have only started since the .29 update but I can't be sure. Are there any apps to test hardware to eliminate mics being the culprit or has any one else got this issue also. It would appear to be unique to my L930 as my 830 has no issue with the same build.

It is a common issue with the 930's search the forum and you can find many with same problem. You can test the mics with Nokia care suite app.

kanrakuuuu

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Your mic is broken, mic four to be precise. It's very common with 930s. It's a problem with W10 as it's generic still and only records mono audio, using mic four. Until they release a version which does stereo and 5.1 this problem will continue.

You'll find speakerphone doesn't work either. That's the same on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss