proof: Lumia camera is better than win10 camera (Lumia 930)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 119286

left image taken by win 10 on L930 and right one taken by Lumia camera on L930.

Lighting conditions are not the same. Buildings in the foreground in the left image have direct sunlight, while the same buildings in the image on the right are covered by clouds. The best comparison would be to take the two photos using the two camera apps at exactly the same time and the same settings... or at least exactly the same lighting conditions.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Lighting conditions are not the same. Buildings in the foreground in the left image have direct sunlight, while the same buildings in the image on the right are covered by clouds. The best comparison would be to take the two photos using the two camera apps at exactly the same time and the same settings... or at least exactly the same lighting conditions.

Actually the windows camera app on 10 does suck they should have allowed the Lumia camera app 5 for all the older lumias. :/

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here are some samples taken with the new Camera app.

View attachment WP_20151217_15_12_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20151130_02_02_14_Pro e.jpg

I guess it all depends on the user and/or the phone. Not having the fancy "HDR" features/effects of Lumia Camera 5 is alright for me (I dislike it). Color fidelity and reproduction, as well as image quality have not changed in my Lumia 1020. The only differences I can tell from Lumia Camera to the new Windows Camera are the increased launch speed and added camera button features (press and hold for _____).

I have other photos to share, but the resolution is too large to upload here... and I've got other things to move on with. Still, the best comparison should have a concrete base line or reference point, i.e. photos taken of the same subject under the same conditions... best if taken at the same time using the two camera apps using the same device model. I can't do the comparison since I only have one Lumia 1020.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Here are some samples taken with the new Camera app.

View attachment 119299
View attachment 119300

I guess it all depends on the user and/or the phone. Not having the fancy "HDR" features/effects of Lumia Camera 5 is alright for me (I dislike it). Color fidelity and reproduction, as well as image quality have not changed in my Lumia 1020. The only differences I can tell from Lumia Camera to the new Windows Camera are the increased launch speed and added camera button features (press and hold for _____).

I have other photos to share, but the resolution is too large to upload here... and I've got other things to move on with. Still, the best comparison should have a concrete base line or reference point, i.e. photos taken of the same subject under the same conditions... best if taken at the same time using the two camera apps using the same device model. I can't do the comparison since I only have one Lumia 1020.
the camera algorithms and post processing are different for both the apps And I prefer the Lumia camera 5's. Less post processing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon