Why won't my Lumia 930 open or charge?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 930 wont open or charge.

hi, I had to deal with my Lumia 930 for it is not turning on and charging so here's the scenario. I was playing at my backyard and decided to put my phone in a table under the sun so after a while, it rained so we rushed back home and did something and when I was getting ready to sleep.

I suddenly forgot to get my phone and it was still raining outside so I rushed outside to get my phone and I was so worried I didn't know what to do I watched some youtube clip on what to do and I followed it so I went to get a blow dryer and started drying it and I took a bag of rice and chucked it in there (and by the way after I blow dried it I plugged it in because it was flat and the screen turned on and a small sentence appear). (error can't connect to any booth).

And so it turned off back again, I know I should haven't charged it as it will make a short circuit because the inside were wet. so I just left my phone in the bag of rice and just left it there for 2 days. After that, I tried to turn it on but nothings happening so I charged it for a while and still nothing I desperately need you help.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: my lumia 930 wont open or charge.

Unfortunately it is probably irreparably damaged by being left out in the rain, using a blow dryer (which just pushed the water deeper inside), and being turned on while still wet.

You'll need a new phone.

john1121E

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: my lumia 930 wont open or charge.

something new happen today I think its dry now because it has been a week.
so I tried to charge it again and it vibrated and the selective keys kept flashing but the thing is thats all whats it can do right now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3