Does your Lumia 930 has "Motion Data" with the latest Win 10 build?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Please note, its not the "Lumia Motion Data" but only "Motion Data" which determines the actual step counter and works with MS Health app...

As I don't have it

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope, the reason ive gone back to 8.1

Im worried that when the new windows phone 10 is finally released this month, they will forget this, doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere other than on this forum.

windows 10 for the 930 is just no where near as good as 8.1, ok maybe the email and calendar is an improvement, but the overall speed, fluidity is far superior on 8.1, the camera is worse on 10, no motion data on 10, poorly implemented people hub on 10, double tap to wake is rubbish on 10.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found that sometimes Motion Data, and other Extras don't install and can't be found even if choosing to Check for Updates. My only solution is to hard reset and try again. It usually seems to be there after a second install.

I'm using an Icon (929). I would think that the closeness of these two devices would mean that you may have luck doing the same.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have tried hard resetting my 930 twice now, and each time both "Lumia Motion Data" and "Motion Data" are there, just when you use apps that use use the sensor to record steps, it announces your phone is not compatible with sensorcore. Yet with 8.1 all works perfectly.

extrikate

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
That IS odd. Mine works fine with Microsoft Health to supplement my Band. Usually when I did a reset and Motion Data finally installed, I would have to update it before it would work via the Check for Updates option on the Store. I hope you find a solution. It seems that W10M has some inconsistent performance device to device.

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia 640 with build 10586.36 and it does have motion data. Every device running W10 is expected to have it

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does your Lumia 930 has "Motion Data" with the latest Win 10 build?

Same here. W10M on a L930, it even suggested to activate it when I installed Health for my Band 2. Works perfectly 😎

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I realise what i was doing wrong:

From 8.1, Apply for insider, pick fast (if you like), let it do its windows 10 update then let it install, dont restore anything from old backups, then reinstall insider again and update to .36...after ages, again dont restore from old backup, set up the phone as new...NOW my Motion data is working perfectly

the two times i updated to 10 before I restored from my old data backups, I guess this bring across the incorrect motion data and corrupts things.

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

From 8.1, Apply for insider, pick fast (if you like), let it do its windows 10 update then let it install, dont restore anything from old backups, then reinstall insider again and update to .36...after ages, again dont restore from old backup, set up the phone as new...NOW my Motion data is working perfectly

the two times i updated to 10 before I restored from my old data backups, I guess this bring across the incorrect motion data and corrupts things.

Hey did you loose Here Drive+ or Here Maps when doing hard reset? I got motion sensor disabled after going to 8.1->10 586.36. The app is there but it does nothing. Sensor Data Dumper app shows only Accelerometer data and for Motion it says is not supported. Like the SensorCore turned off by WM10 or something.

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

You didn't need to do so much. Sometimes the system apps doesn't get updated after a reset or upgrade for some issues. Then those apps doesn't work. Those system apps don't appear in the Store easily, even if you search. If you manage to find out the Store links for the apps, you can update them.
After a reset, my Touch settings was not opening because it was not updated/downloaded properly after the reset for some network issue. I found the Store link of Touch and Gesture by googling and downloaded them. Now it's alright.

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You didn't need to do so much. Sometimes the system apps doesn't get updated after a reset or upgrade for some issues. Then those apps doesn't work. Those system apps don't appear in the Store easily, even if you search. If you manage to find out the Store links for the apps, you can update them.
After a reset, my Touch settings was not opening because it was not updated/downloaded properly after the reset for some network issue. I found the Store link of Touch and Gesture by googling and downloaded them. Now it's alright.

For me it seems the problem is a bit deeper. I got the Lumia motion data app working after upgrade but the motion sensor itself seems to be kinda disconnected. Whatever options I choose from Settings or Extras-Motion data, the result is always the same - apps telling me device can't count steps and motion sensor gives zero data out. Just like the sensor turned off. I reinstalled Lumia motion data app several times.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Great & thanks, now its working for me too...

Yeah, we should have a fresh installation of .36 build(reset) then I have downloaded "Microsoft Health" app but did not download the "Lumia Motion Data".
Then I have check the MS Health app and it had "Add Phone" now so just installed "Lumia Motion Data" and everything is working now.

Thanks a ton...

the1beard

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It's been fixed

Go To
Settings
Privacy
In the list of apps find Lumia Motion Data and turn it ON

Then you will get the recent maps working in

Settings . Extras . Lumia Motion Data . Recent Places ..

Fantastic Just Grab a Screen Shot with UpVol and Power button and share or keep a history of your motion .

SGA016

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, can you give the link of Lumia motion data app, since I uninstalled because it was not counting the my steps on the Fitbit app?
I have the 14393.393 update, and for some reason when trying to install the Lumia motion data app, it says its not compatible with my device, a lumia 640.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss