Lumia 930, flash and flashlight app not working. Is there a fix for this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lumia 930. flash and flashlite app not working,

Is this a mechanical fault or programmable fault, and can I fix it myself. has not been dropped to my knowledge.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 930. flash and flashlite app not working,

Try restarting your phone or performing a soft reset - this should fix most software-level issues. If those don't work, try a hard reset (will erase all your personal data). If that doesn't still work, you may need to bring your phone to a service center (where they will also erase all your personal data).

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Vicky Hasan

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I bought Used Lumia and it was having the same issue Flash was totally not working, opened the back cover, raised the two connectors of Flash next to camera close the cover and voila it's working now.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 930 a while back and the flash stopped working. Turns out, it was just because the cover had come off loose. Just push it hard enough to click it properly and it should start working. The flash is connected to the cover via small contacts which break when the cover is loose or open.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my 930 a while back and the flash stopped working. Turns out, it was just because the cover had come off loose. Just push it hard enough to click it properly and it should start working. The flash is connected to the cover via small contacts which break when the cover is loose or open.

I had the same issue with Qi after a drop.

To the OP look around the edges of the phone to make sure that it is an identical profile against the metal rim. Mine only had one tab slightly raised and it was enough not to work, snapped it back and everything was fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99