Phone stuck on a restarting loop - I guess that the Power Button is Stuck. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone stuck on a restarting loop - I guess that the Power Button is Stuck

Hello,
I own a Lumia 930 and this morning I woke up with my phone turning on and off by itself. It turns on, the 'Nokia' screen shows up, 3~5secs after that it turns off, vibrates and turns on again, and the loop goes on.
Sometimes the 'turn off' takes a little longer to come, and the phone keeps booting until the 'Windows Phone' screen, and then turns off and reboot; Sometimes it even starts, but the lock/unlock screen doesn't work and it keeps going to the 'slide to turn off' screen, and even if I keep canceling the 'turn off' action, sudently it turns off and then turns on again and restarts the looping.

Any chance of getting it working again without have to send it to the repair central?

Thank you guys a lot!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone stuck on a restarting loop - I guess that the Power Button is Stuck

Yup, it looks like that something is stuck in the physical power button. You can either use a small strip of paper to try to clean in between and underneath the button GENTLY, or use a can of compressed air to blow* into the space in the between the button. If you have a hand-pump for those inflatable toys or life-savers, that should also work.

*- Do not use your mouth. Moisture in one's breath (even without the splattering of saliva) could condense inside the phone and may cause additional damage than repair.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes