The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    On build .107 of Windows 10 Mobile and even after a hard reset (on battery) Cortana works so far but very often when I try to use the assistant via voice the app crashes and I am back on Start. Writing text messages is almost impossible at times as Cortana vanishes in between commands or during recording my speech.

Could there be a hardware issue? Or more probably a software one? Microphone works and Cortana crashes only (if I am not mistaken) after a longer push of the magnifier button (readying it for voice input).

Correction: It also happens when I simply try to create a reminder with typing. Is Cortana really so buggy or am I just unlucky?!
    Last edited by areithropos; 02-18-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    02-18-2016 11:02 AM
    Its still pretty buggy for me on a 635. Still crashes a lot. Pretty embarrassing if you're using voice commands and other people notice the trouble you're having.
    02-18-2016 01:17 PM
    After a new fresh install (this time plugged-in) Cortana works so far again.
    03-10-2016 03:59 PM
    After reinstalling everything from the scratch with windows device recovery tool and updating the firmware to the newest version I am again at the point that Cortana crashes frequently when I try to use voice commands or to create a reminder.
    Oh well ...
    03-30-2016 03:10 AM
    Mine is working fine, hmmm did not use it much, what commands you are using, i will try it with mine.
    04-04-2016 01:06 AM
    Uhm, sometimes everything is ok. Then simply pushing the record button would crash Cortana. And a few hours ago I needed four tries to set an alarm.
    Often it is the same with setting up a reminder.
    I do not know how I could prevent this from happening.

I would try to reinstall everything but that is what I did and I do not want to do it again and again till it works -- maybe.
    04-04-2016 02:35 PM
    Ok, it seems I found out what the culprit is for me: disabling Cortana and re-enabling seem to lead to an instability of the assistant.

Everything worked for me after refreshing my phone with windows device recovery tool and upgrading to the current build of Windows 10.

But now I disabled Cortana out of curiosity and enabled it again and now it is unstable again.

Sad story.
    04-10-2016 09:44 AM